Vader: Shards of the past (fan film)

Man of Honour
Saw another one pop up recently - I found the writing a bit dubious so didn't watch it all (its still infinitely better than TLJ) but it captures the style well:

For a fan made project this is really well done, vfx also really good :eek:

Completely over the top but yeah very well done.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's just been "claimed" by Disney and the channel, who had permission to create it from LucasFilm as long as it was zero profit, has said that as soon as Disney manually claimed it (over newly composed music which sounded similar to original music), they stuck adverts on it to monetise it!

Disney and LucasFilm just keep on getting worse everyday!

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
It's just been "claimed" by Disney and the channel, who had permission to create it from LucasFilm as long as it was zero profit, has said that as soon as Disney manually claimed it (over newly composed music which sounded similar to original music), they stuck adverts on it to monetise it!

Disney and LucasFilm just keep on getting worse everyday!

No real surprise there, i thought that as he long as he didn't monetize it there would be no issues. It's their IP after all but still a bit pathetic.

Man of Honour
Kind of odd decision by Disney but I cant see their side of it as well - ultimately better to work with your fans though.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
It was actually Warner Chappell and not Disney. Lucasfilm also came good and told them to remove the claim.

Associate
Hmmm...

My only concern is this with regards to what the video content is saying.

We know 100% that Warner Chappell took claim and added ads. This is not disputed as it is in writing and shown too.
We know 100% that this was revoked as seen in the second video there.
But what is not 100% certain, is that it was Lucasfilm that got it removed. It might have been Disney, Warner Chappell or anyone else who had influence in the process who got wind of it.

So my concern is that too much credit is being given to Lucasfilm without difinitive proof it was them who stepped in and solved things.

Still, great fan video. But just the circumstances of everything after the claim is all a bit iffy on certainty and facts.

Back
Top Bottom