Vague Spec Me New Car about £5k

Associate
Hi all,

Our 1.8 2009 civic was unfortunately in an accident last night. Wife was sat in traffic plodding off the M1 on the slip road in rush hour and the car behind her decided to just keep coming! thankfully everyone was fine which is the main thing.

The civic seems fine mechanically but the boot is essentially pretty caved in, my expectation is that it will be written off which will be a disappointment as its served us well for the last 9.5 years. If it seems fixable we may buy it back but again I think financially unlikely to be worth while.

Need some thoughts on a replacement. Its mainly used as a run around town and for lugging stuff about. Still got lots of use despite us having 2 other cars and does trips up and down motorway at times.

Essentially need something to replace it for those sorts of duties that I wont be too worried about dings etc on. Want something safe, reliable with fair economy and some equivalent performance and comfort on the motorway. Ideally something younger so might have some life in it. So far my list of options is long and I don't know what I might want, thoughts so far:

Fiesta
Focus
Mk9 Civic
Something VAG - Golf, Rapide, Octavia, Leon etc
Auris

Would welcome any thoughts.

Ed

Don
You can't go far wrong with a newer Civic for those duties. It sounds like you like your current version so you might as well get the newer one (unless you fancy a change).
Honda is always where my money would go for a reliable daily. My Wife's CR-V has been faultlessly reliable.

Back
Top Bottom