Valencia - Spain - EUROPEAN Grand Prix 2009 - Race 11/17

Soldato
Really glad to hear that - really made my day

As said I hope the Brawn car stays very distinctive, so frustrating with junior teams etc using similar paint schemes (did I spot a Torro Rosso actually using a Red Bull nose cone in Valencia? Maybe they always have, but at least surely they should re-spray them lol)

Transmission breaker
Don
OP
Really glad to hear that - really made my day

As said I hope the Brawn car stays very distinctive, so frustrating with junior teams etc using similar paint schemes (did I spot a Torro Rosso actually using a Red Bull nose cone in Valencia? Maybe they always have, but at least surely they should re-spray them lol)

I didnt spot that!

Perhaps when the nose got smashed at the start, they nicked an RBR one?

Soldato
Back in the older days a tyre change could be done in 3.5 seconds. They seem to take much longer now.

Do you mean a full (tyres only) pit stop or just the physical act of taking off 1 wheel and fitting another wheel to the car?

Back in the early 90's, when there was no refuelling, the fastest (tyres only) pits stops were just under 5 seconds. Under 6 seconds was respectable.

I'm dissapointed that refuelling is going as it adds an extra facet to the strategies open to teams/drivers.

Soldato
While Monster aren't exactly Red Bull, they're not short of a penny or two, and are already a big name in motorsport and extreme sport sponsorship. It would make sense.

Back
Top Bottom