Valve announces the SteamDeck

Associate
i was hoping we'd start to hear more about an early start to the manufacturing process earlier they start the more likely most of us will get it this year

it doesn't look likely though unless production is started soon ie in the next month or so

Soldato
It looks like they have adjusted their production schedule, upping the production of the high end and lowering the production of the cheaper model. When I ordered it said end of q3 for the high end and Q1 for the low end. It now says Q2 for my order and if I swap it to another model it’s after Q2.

Associate
I would assume that the higher end model is where they make any profit or at least are able to take less of a hit so they should try to fullfil those as a priority

I doubt many people will wait until june of next year to get the 512gb model i probably will but it would be 50/50 especially if theres any problems at launch.

Soldato
Won't it be in order? Say they was one of the first adopters of the new release window, and Valve had cancellations from people within the first window, bumping them up the list?
Yea probably, few have probably cancelled the reservation and it moved people with early reservation up the list. I reserved 12 mins in and still Q1 2022. This is the 512gb one.

Associate
Given is was a £4 reservation or something, I doubt many people will fall out of the queue until they are asked for the final payment.
you make a good point about the initial 4 pound charge i agree but i also wonder if a lot will think about scalping it i hope not otherwise we will be in another xbox x and ps5 situation and no one wants that

Associate
Yea probably, few have probably cancelled the reservation and it moved people with early reservation up the list. I reserved 12 mins in and still Q1 2022. This is the 512gb one.
i had problems with the order not going through and then being told i had to wait another 45 mins to submit a new order so confirmation didn't come until after 9pn i'm Q2 2022 with the 512gb model is it wishful thinking we could perhaps
get the steam deck in december lol probably

Soldato
Just reserved the 512GB version. I have no idea when it will turn up but I'm quite excited. I know I'm late to the party but I had to think long and hard before I bought mine. Do Valve send you an email then with your expected date of full purchase?

Soldato
i had problems with the order not going through and then being told i had to wait another 45 mins to submit a new order so confirmation didn't come until after 9pn i'm Q2 2022 with the 512gb model is it wishful thinking we could perhaps
get the steam deck in december lol probably
Yeah I had issues too, I was ready to reserve on the dot but failed payment meant that it took a few attempts..

Associate
Yeah I had issues too, I was ready to reserve on the dot but failed payment meant that it took a few attempts..
the site was a complete shower for the first hour or so but then people were locked out of ordering so that took another 45 mins valve never really apologised for that i was hoping they would come forward and say we know we messed things up so for everyone who got a later order we will give you x as a bonus but nothing nada zilch nowt not suprised though as they must be losing quite abit on selling these at the current prices.

Soldato
I am at work at my afternoon shift and I gotta say Steam Deck would come in very handy on slow days like these...would love to continue my playthrough of The Ascent

Associate
I am at work at my afternoon shift and I gotta say Steam Deck would come in very handy on slow days like these...would love to continue my playthrough of The Ascent
you do have an option with a switch i'm hoping the steam deck becomes the adult version of the switch i'm not dissing the switch as i own one myself but its far too enclosed in its own walled garden some games are very enjoyable but most
i just wouldn't bother with.

Soldato
you do have an option with a switch i'm hoping the steam deck becomes the adult version of the switch i'm not dissing the switch as i own one myself but its far too enclosed in its own walled garden some games are very enjoyable but most
i just wouldn't bother with.
Switch has no value for me because I do not want to rebuy games twice for insane nintendo prices while getting super low quality of them with incompatible saves...And I do not care about nintendo exclusives. Steam Deck is about 1000% more useful for me.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Switch has no value for me because I do not want to rebuy games twice for insane nintendo prices while getting super low quality of them with incompatible saves...And I do not care about nintendo exclusives. Steam Deck is about 1000% more useful for me.
Yeah, I feel the same. I have only purchased 2 digital indie games on it when they were on sale and those were because they were very good and I fancied playing them portable mode. To me the Switch is about first party games and to be honest they have failing on that part as they are taking ages to release the games I am interested in. As soon as they come out next year and I complete them I will sell my Switch. In the future I will just wait for a few Nintendo games to build up, play them then sell them and the console off.

SteamDeck will be awesome, you can have all your games in one place and not worry about having to repurchase them and crap like that.

Soldato
I haven't read the whole thread so sorry if this has come up already but is anyone else hyped about the possibility to run emulators on the Steam Deck as well as your Steam library?

Associate
I haven't read the whole thread so sorry if this has come up already but is anyone else hyped about the possibility to run emulators on the Steam Deck as well as your Steam library?
not sure whether were allowed to talk about emulators on this forum but to answer your question its a yes from me lol

Back
Top Bottom