Valve announces the SteamDeck

Soldato
I actually just today shipped my Steam Deck back to Valve for a replacement. The high pitch noise made it unusable for me. They agreed with RMA so hopefully in couple weeks I will get whine-free Deck..

I finally had time to try my deck today and mine does the same high pitched whine at both speeds I've heard the fan spin at. Happens even just downloading games long after system updates have been applied. I can't imagine it being much better once I put in some earbuds and play a game (once this phat download finishes).

How's the RMA progressing for your Deck?

Soldato
I finally had time to try my deck today and mine does the same high pitched whine at both speeds I've heard the fan spin at. Happens even just downloading games long after system updates have been applied. I can't imagine it being much better once I put in some earbuds and play a game (once this phat download finishes).

How's the RMA progressing for your Deck?

Yeah the whine noise is utter frakk up by Valve. It made steam deck truly unusable, and all because of a stupid fan not having proper spacing...

As for my RMA, according to shipping info my Deck arrived back at Valve Netherlands on 15.4., but the status on Steam site for my Deck still says "waiting for return", as if the Deck was not delivered to them yet. I read on reddit this is normal, so for now I am waiting..

Soldato
Received today, all good, busy installing games on it, but looks like R3 doesn’t work at all, stick seems fine, works with touching it and moving the gyro, but button press registers nothing in test and tried it in Doom, not working. Don’t think I want to RMA it, might ask if I can get a replacement stick sent out, or just buy one when they become available.

Associate
Received today, all good, busy installing games on it, but looks like R3 doesn’t work at all, stick seems fine, works with touching it and moving the gyro, but button press registers nothing in test and tried it in Doom, not working. Don’t think I want to RMA it, might ask if I can get a replacement stick sent out, or just buy one when they become available.

Oh man, feel terible for you after waiting that long. Any idea how long RMAs take?

Associate
its the lack of supply

in april valve were supposed to ramp up production has it happened ? i've not noticed anything but maybe it will take afew weeks before we see the results.

Soldato
Oh man, feel terible for you after waiting that long. Any idea how long RMAs take?

Dunno at least another few weeks if you're lucky, heard of people RMA'ing their decks then getting a replacement which is also broken.

I'm going to start the procedure today, and I'll ask them if they'll just send me a replacement stick and I'll swap it in, but I somewhat don't think they'll go with that and want the whole thing back. If so I might just open it up and check it myself, and just rebind the button when I need to and wait for the sticks to become available for sale and order one myself.

Caporegime
its the lack of supply

in april valve were supposed to ramp up production has it happened ? i've not noticed anything but maybe it will take afew weeks before we see the results.

I kind of understand, in that why is it such a ridiculous wait when pre ordering

But the amount on eBay etc is just shocking.

The deck is a pretty niche product at the end of the day.

I wish I'd pre-ordered it straight away.

Aya OLED is set to be announced next month.

I'm hoping other people start to produce some more RDNA handhelds, a 20W one would be awesome

Associate
Aya OLED sounds interesting i'm happy waiting for the steam deck i just wish they would improve supply faster i doubt i'll get mine before september

i do have an odin pro ordered i'm hoping that comes in may or june

Caporegime
Aya OLED sounds interesting i'm happy waiting for the steam deck i just wish they would improve supply faster i doubt i'll get mine before september

i do have an odin pro ordered i'm hoping that comes in may or june

I'm worried that the Aya OLED is Vega graphics though

Vega graphics is just naff, you can spend 1K for a handheld to barely play games lol.

Associate
I'm worried that the Aya OLED is Vega graphics though

Vega graphics is just naff, you can spend 1K for a handheld to barely play games lol.
it doesn't have the graphic capability of the steam deck but that will come in time. ATM i'm not really looking at any other handheld than the steam deck and odin pro those should keep me satisfied for the next few years.

i think the sweet where we get good graphics and OLED at a reasonable price is probably 2 years away or less

Back
Top Bottom