Valve announces the SteamDeck

Man of Honour
I have to say enjoying this but I've probably spent more time tinkering around with Ubuntu in Desktop mode than I really have gaming.... almost makes me wonder if I'd rather just pickup a decent Single Board Computer and stick Linux on to play with!

Gaming is good although barely touched a lot of Steam stuff, mainly emulation so far but really enjoying catching up with some PS2 games I grew up playing!!

Associate
I have to say enjoying this but I've probably spent more time tinkering around with Ubuntu in Desktop mode than I really have gaming.... almost makes me wonder if I'd rather just pickup a decent Single Board Computer and stick Linux on to play with!

Gaming is good although barely touched a lot of Steam stuff, mainly emulation so far but really enjoying catching up with some PS2 games I grew up playing!!
Why have you installed Ubuntu on the Steam Deck?
Surely SteamOS which is based on Arch Linux which is what the device ships with is the way to go.

Soldato
Finally got the alert myself for the 256GB. My time was 7.54pm on launch day.

Took 3 attempts to buy it due to payment failing in the store.
Oh nice, they have sped up a bit then?

Mine was about 8:30 (second attempt after it refunded a failed try nearer to 6pm :( )

I'm still not 100% sure if I'll go ahead with the purchase but I feel I'm leaning more towards giving it a shot.

Back
Top Bottom