Valve announces the SteamDeck

Associate
Just wondering, with only a few weeks left of q2, are there people here who are in the q2 bracket but haven't yet had their email?
I'm Q2 for 512GB and about 41 minutes or so (maybe 43 order time). Think i'm the very last slot at this rate! I even doubt i will be this month still. Will need some good jumps in the few weeks if so, that's for sure.

I follow Usual-District-2052 on reddit for the summary of timings every Monday and Thursday.
This is his latest graph for UK (note it's a log graph) - lots of movement last week for 512GB UK but terrible yesterday!

Last edited:
Associate
I'm Q2 for 512GB and about 41 minutes or so (maybe 43 order time). Think i'm the very last slot at this rate! I even doubt i will be this month still. Will need some good jumps in the few weeks if so, that's for sure.

I follow Usual-District-2052 on reddit for the summary of timings every Monday and Thursday.
This is his latest graph for UK (note it's a log graph) - lots of movement last week for 512GB UK but terrible yesterday!
as i recall valve announced they were ramping up production to the hundreds of thousands per month for the steam deck in april have they even confirmed this or talked about this since they announced it

i've seen nothing that gives me confidence they can fulfil those outstanding 512gb orders on time my pre order was 9pm ish so its still another 150 minutes until it reaches my order and yet my estimate is mid august hmmm
i thought that valve were just being super cautious when it came to timescales i wouldn't be surpsied to see the 512gb orders pushed back even further.

Soldato
That graph is pretty cool, some good people out there fighting the good fight :D

I see the mid tier deck hasn't updated on there does that usually mean no new emails went out yesterday for those customers?

*Ignore that I feel I misread it

Associate
are we sure the this is correct

looking at the EU version of all variants so thats 64gb 256gb and 512gb everyone in the EU who ordered one from the 16th july 2021 to the 20 july 2021 have got them is that correct

if it correct how on earth has that happened and how was Valve allowed that to happen its not on a first come first served basis then as Valve said it would be

Man of Honour
are we sure the this is correct

looking at the EU version of all variants so thats 64gb 256gb and 512gb everyone in the EU who ordered one from the 16th july 2021 to the 20 july 2021 have got them is that correct

if it correct how on earth has that happened and how was Valve allowed that to happen its not on a first come first served basis then as Valve said it would be

We're not in the EU, the UK has its own queue

Associate
We're not in the EU, the UK has its own queue
that either means hardly anyone has ordered the steam deck from the EU or that valve are supplying the EU a greater number of stock that any other area

so its not on a first come first served basis which valve said it would be

if they are diverting stock from other regions to the EU let them say so publicly but i've heard little or nothing from valve about how production is going

so time of order means nothing its where you live lol

Associate
I mean, the UK queues are way ahead on the 64gb model. So maybe Valve have been "diverting stock" to the UK. And we should all be extremely angry about it!

Or maybe the different markets are simply working differently based on how many of which sku was ordered and Valve is working with what they have to try to satisfy all the orders as well as they can. And trying to second guess it based on very little information serves no purpose other than upsetting yourself :p

Man of Honour
that either means hardly anyone has ordered the steam deck from the EU or that valve are supplying the EU a greater number of stock that any other area

so its not on a first come first served basis which valve said it would be

if they are diverting stock from other regions to the EU let them say so publicly but i've heard little or nothing from valve about how production is going

so time of order means nothing its where you live lol

Oh I agree with you, I think its A: Where you live and then in that queue in order of time ordered

Back
Top Bottom