Valve announces the SteamDeck

Associate
I mean, the UK queues are way ahead on the 64gb model. So maybe Valve have been "diverting stock" to the UK. And we should all be extremely angry about it!

Or maybe the different markets are simply working differently based on how many of which sku was ordered and Valve is working with what they have to try to satisfy all the orders as well as they can. And trying to second guess it based on very little information serves no purpose other than upsetting yourself :p
but thats not how valve announced it they still say it will based on the time of pre order which is incorrect the pre order was at the same time through out the world
if valve were honest and upfront and say we are diverting stock because of x or y or this is the reason why the EU are now days ahead of other regions on variants

if anyone still thinks this launch has been successful i have a bridge i think you might be interested in

Associate
Pre-ordered mine 1 hour 54 mins and 11 seconds after pre-orders opened (1626461651) and it's the UK 512gb model. Looks like I could be here for a while...
mine is just after 9pm because of all the steam website issues on the day

if it continues as it is 8 minutes every week i expect mid to late october for mine although it does estimate i'll get mine mid august which i'm doubtful of as of now

Soldato
mine is just after 9pm because of all the steam website issues on the day

if it continues as it is 8 minutes every week i expect mid to late october for mine although it does estimate i'll get mine mid august which i'm doubtful of as of now
I mean number two is due start of December so before then would be good enough for me!

Associate
I mean number two is due start of December so before then would be good enough for me!
i'd say afew years at least unless i've missed something lol

they still have to announce the launch date for the remaining markets which haven't got it i was thinking they may try to do it this year but with pre orders still at a snails pace i doubt it will be this year now

Associate
The real test will come in the next couple of weeks. We'll finally see if there are a bunch of people who had the estimated delivery time of Q2 not actually get it in Q2. Until then they don't seemed to have missed anyone. My date is "Q3" and it has been since the official delay at the end of last year.

Associate
The real test will come in the next couple of weeks. We'll finally see if there are a bunch of people who had the estimated delivery time of Q2 not actually get it in Q2. Until then they don't seemed to have missed anyone. My date is "Q3" and it has been since the official delay at the end of last year.
I think their Q2 allocation has been very accurate, at least for 512GB. I assumed I was last week of June given my Q2 timings (41m 33s after opening) and what the early calculators were telling me.

I expect it now Thursday, or if I'm unlucky Monday next week, so it's about right. As I've seen not long after me with Q3 (not exactly sure when the cutoff is though).

Associate
I think their Q2 allocation has been very accurate, at least for 512GB. I assumed I was last week of June given my Q2 timings (41m 33s after opening) and what the early calculators were telling me.

I expect it now Thursday, or if I'm unlucky Monday next week, so it's about right. As I've seen not long after me with Q3 (not exactly sure when the cutoff is though).
i wonder what happens when the EU gets to late 2021 pre orders and the UK and USA are still only hours into pre orders that will be interesting i doubt it will happen though at some point they must
understand its not fair or good business practice to fulfil pre orders in this way

the allocations for Europe are obviously way out as people who pre ordered on the 22 july are getting orders before other regions who pre ordered on the 16th

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm apparently 11 minutes of preorders away from my turn!

Could be tomorrow or Monday at the going rate?

Typically.. I had a £400 vet bill yesterday so the timing isn't ideal :(

But I feel if I pass on it, I'll regret it and not be able to get another chance for ages

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Who delivers the steam deck? Ie who is the courier?

I hope its not hermes /evry
Gabe will deliver it personally himself :p

I can’t remember who delivered mine, don’t think it was Hermes though. Parcelforce maybe.

You still not for yours? I had my fun, sold it on and waiting on Steam Deck 2. I think that one will be the one to have (keep long term). That said, I ain’t in no rush for that either. Barely have enough time to play on my PC as it is.

Soldato
Gabe will deliver it personally himself :p

I can’t remember who delivered mine, don’t think it was Hermes though. Parcelforce maybe.

You still not for yours? I had my fun, sold it on and waiting on Steam Deck 2. I think that one will be the one to have (keep long term). That said, I ain’t in no rush for that either. Barely have enough time to play on my PC as it is.
O wow you sold it already! Bet you made a tidy profit

Soldato
If you were one of lucky early owners the you could have made a nice profit, now maybe £150?

Any way, whats the best way to transfer files from pc to deck? I already have a usb c stick with which can get cumbersome. I don't have a home network though.

Associate
If you were one of lucky early owners the you could have made a nice profit, now maybe £150?

Any way, whats the best way to transfer files from pc to deck? I already have a usb c stick with which can get cumbersome. I don't have a home network though.

Warpinator if you have a PC on the same wireless network. Otherwise, copy files via MicroSD.

Back
Top Bottom