Valve announces the SteamDeck

Associate
so many issues yesterday with reserving a steam deck i started at 6pm but constant freezing page not loading and then the you've attempted too many purchases error i wasn't able to reserve one until shortly after 7pm then at 9pm i got an email saying there was a problem with the order and i had do it again finally my email conformation came through at 920pm. utter shambles comes to mind

Associate
Put my order in later on last night - I'm also in the q2 2022 group. At least it will give me some time to see what reviews are like before dropping any more cash.

Associate
My issued time is 6:01 BST and even mine is saying expected availability is Q1 2022. I missed the chance to see my queue position but it's disappointing that even at 6:01 it suggests I am not in a group shipping in December.

Has anyone actually got an expected order availability before Q1 2022 or are we thinking this is the earliest date that they are quoting, meaning pot luck if you get it in December?

Where can you find the queue position. Link isn't showing that for me.

They patched it so you are not able to now AFAIK

Associate
whats going to be the point for people ordering on sunday i can't see valve fulfilling those orders before ours and if we won't be getting it until 2022 Q2 then the rest of the world launch is going to be at least Q3 2022 and beyond

i still think theres a slight chance that a majority of the orders will be fulfilled by the end of 2021 if they have taken millions of reservation orders though that won't happen.

Associate
My issued time is 6:01 BST and even mine is saying expected availability is Q1 2022. I missed the chance to see my queue position but it's disappointing that even at 6:01 it suggests I am not in a group shipping in December.

Has anyone actually got an expected order availability before Q1 2022 or are we thinking this is the earliest date that they are quoting, meaning pot luck if you get it in December?

They patched it so you are not able to now AFAIK

Where do you find q1 2022 expected etc etc. Mine was also placed at 6.01.

Associate
The motherboard is the same on all models and has a 2230 M.2 NVMe SSD slot according to Gabe Newell.
I was going to post this but you beat me to it. I have found a 1TB Micro SD U3 card for under £140, I was beaten to that too posting on HUKD.

Anyway, would I have bought a lower size model had this information been available (if it was I never noticed it), yes I would have. But 1TB of "slow" storage and 512GB of "faster" storage :cry: is a really good mix for me. It also has the benifit that I won't have voided any warranty, but this isn't really a issue from my experience.

Where do you find q1 2022 expected etc etc. Mine was also placed at 6.01.

Under the cancel reservation button on the main Steam Deck page

Associate
I was going to post this but you beat me to it. I have found a 1TB Micro SD U3 card for under £140, I was beaten to that too posting on HUKD.

Anyway, would I have bought a lower size model had this information been available (if it was I never noticed it), yes I would have. But 1TB of "slow" storage and 512GB of "faster" storage :cry: is a really good mix for me. It also has the benifit that I won't have voided any warranty, but this isn't really a issue from my experience.

Under the cancel reservation button on the main Steam Deck page

Hmm mine doesn't say anything. Just has cancel reservation. There isn't an expected availability for the model I chose (512gb).

Annoying the m.2 slot is the same on all models, would have gone for the 64gb version!!! Guess the middle model is impacted the most as at least the 512gb has 'premium glass', a differentiating factor and don't forget an exclusive virtual keyboard theme.

Last edited:
Associate
Hmm mine doesn't say anything. Just has cancel reservation. There isn't an expected availability for the model I chose (512gb).

Annoying the m.2 slot is the same on all models, would have gone for the 64gb version!!! Guess the middle model is impacted the most as at least the 512gb has 'premium glass', a differentiating factor and don't forget an exclusive virtual keyboard theme.
I have never actually uploaded a image on the forum before so I hope this does not break any rules.
FxLFt3D

https://ibb.co/FxLFt3D

Didn't work as I thought it would... but you get the drift

Back
Top Bottom