Valve announces the SteamDeck

Associate
mine is just Q3 so does this mean i should get it no later than Q3 so thats september at the very latest ?

i can't think of another product where i've pre ordered/got a reservation for something and got it 14 months later

god knows how sony will launch the PSVR 2 if this is now to be expected at every new launch

Associate
Toms-hardware spoke to Valve. Its mean any point until Christmas 2022.

Mine has slipped to the same time frame. Might just cancel it and not bother.
december but thats Q4

so if Q3 is anytime upto decmber 2022 what is after Q3 thats potentially 2023 ?

i would hope that these shipping dates improve i can't see people still waiting for a product they reserved after 18 months.

Soldato
december but thats Q4

so if Q3 is anytime upto decmber 2022 what is after Q3 thats potentially 2023 ?

i would hope that these shipping dates improve i can't see people still waiting for a product they reserved after 18 months.

Thats what they said. They are not ruling out it changing to 2023 but they want to get all current orders completed by Christmas.

Associate
is there any indication of how many pre orders valve have had for the steam deck ?

i'm sure back in july there was a glitch in the email or ordering info where it virtually told you what number you were infact i think one website published the pre orders upto when valve fixed it

from memory it wasn't hundreds of thousands for any of the different configs

so if valve don't expect to fulfil orders until christmas how many are they producing per month can't be very many.

Back
Top Bottom