Valve announces the SteamDeck

Associate
I stupidly waited for reviews so my order was only a few weeks ago so I’ll be lucky if I do get it anywhere near october that’s just what it’s saying atm.
personally i don't think you'll be waiting much longer than me i did order on the day but after all the website lockouts and freezes my order was confirmed after 9pm i think the vast majority of people ordered that day i'd be surprised to
see you waiting more than a month after me.

Associate
Just looking at how much the occasional steam deck is going for on ebay and I've realised that my hope that the queues would get shorter as people choose to not buy when they get their email isn't going to happen. Even if someone at this point realises they don't want one, no one is going to drop out when they can just flip it for a tidy profit :(

Soldato
I really want a steam deck but I really don’t need a steam deck at all.

I have a Q3 slot, Ill probably not go through with it as I can’t see it getting much use.

Associate
Had my 256gb Deck since Friday and so far I am really impressed with it. Still early days for software (mainly OS and emulation) so have had a few crashes and encountered some minor issues.

Feels good in the hand, it’s big but not unwieldy and the controls are very nice. Played a mixture of genres from FPS, racing, fighting and football …… alll controlled well.

If you want portable device that has the openness of a PC, backing from a major gaming company, and if you set your expectations correctly great specs then I would recommend.

Soldato
When you try Linux it makes you want Windows.
Steam Deck's linux is fine. I can play games, browse net, watch netflix (or...other stuff), easily copy files between my windows PC and Steam Deck, work with libreoffice. It is perfectly fine. I see zero reason why I would want to install Windows, considering they have no suspend/resume, no system level framerate cap, no easy TDP control, no controller-based interface..

Soldato
Steam Deck's linux is fine. I can play games, browse net, watch netflix (or...other stuff), easily copy files between my windows PC and Steam Deck, work with libreoffice. It is perfectly fine. I see zero reason why I would want to install Windows, considering they have no suspend/resume, no system level framerate cap, no easy TDP control, no controller-based interface..

It was a joke.

Back
Top Bottom