Valve announces the SteamDeck

Associate
Preorder was the day they first came out.
I paid for it last Saturday and they tried deliver on Thursday (Redelivery was Friday).

Yesterday was setup day so only played a bit of Madden 22 (easy game to check it out) and Metro 2033. Both worked really well. Have now capped to 30 FPS for better battery life.

Would give it 3 business days or so.
i meant the actual time of pre order i believe last week or the week before we were upto 18.20pm people ask to see how fast Valve are getting through the pre orders

Soldato
i meant the actual time of pre order i believe last week or the week before we were upto 18.20pm people ask to see how fast Valve are getting through the pre orders
Ah, yeh, I pre-ordered on the 16th of July 2021.
Took over 9 months from then, but only 2 months from the launch date.

Last edited:
Associate
There a reddit thread where you can track order numbers against fulfillment. Mine was released on pretty much exactly the day anticipated .
do you have a link for that ?
i reread your post and i've already got that i thought there was a thread about what time deliveries are being fulfilled ie its at 18.30pm or whatever were currently at.

from anecdotal info i've read on certain forums different markets are at different time period on the delivery schedule so it looks like europre and the states are ahead of us and were lagging behind but thats just the info i've read could be complete twaddle lol

Man of Honour
i reread your post and i've already got that i thought there was a thread about what time deliveries are being fulfilled ie its at 18.30pm or whatever were currently at.

from anecdotal info i've read on certain forums different markets are at different time period on the delivery schedule so it looks like europre and the states are ahead of us and were lagging behind but thats just the info i've read could be complete twaddle lol

Have a look on here: https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamDeck/comments/ui642q/introducing_deckbot/

Man of Honour

Have a look on here: https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamDeck/comments/ui642q/introducing_deckbot/

Associate

Just seen this, apparently people have gotten steam os running on other devices. Im half tempted to throw it on my 2200g system and have a play with it.
Well there's no surprise there as SteamOS is just a variant of Arch Linux. I'm currently running Arch with everything I need to play games with exactly the same software packages. Been doing this for years since Proton, and earlier with vanilla wine.

Associate
Is the steam deck worth getting at a higher price??

I stupidly didn't pre order but can get a new sealed 64gb deck for £640.

I only have a series x and really want to play some pc games on steam store etc but it's either pay £350 in likely November onwards or pay the £640 and get the deck by the weekend

Would you guys say to wait or knowing what you know now pay the extra for sooner??

Soldato
Is the steam deck worth getting at a higher price??

I stupidly didn't pre order but can get a new sealed 64gb deck for £640.

I only have a series x and really want to play some pc games on steam store etc but it's either pay £350 in likely November onwards or pay the £640 and get the deck by the weekend

Would you guys say to wait or knowing what you know now pay the extra for sooner??
Do you really need it right now? Prices are dropping every week.

Giving money to scalpers should be avoided at all costs.

Associate
Cheers both.

Yeah I want one bad but might wait until 64gb prices are under 500 and go for it.

Wait a couple of months, as said even scalper prices are dropping.

It's a fantastic device and I love mine, but the hype means lots will have bought it only to find it's not for them, or find it's too big/bulky, so I reckon there will be plenty of secondhand options on the market soon.

Soldato
512GB one for UK pre-orders is the slowest moving one out of all.

EU and US are MILES ahead of us, it is weird because EU I bet is dispatched from the same warehouse as UK, wonder why they're holding off the UK orders.

I am literally 2 weeks or so away from getting mine, getting itchy now! ordered at 1820, current orders been dispatched at around 1819 so I'm literally 1-2 dispatch days away from getting my email to order. Can't wait play some games.

Back
Top Bottom