Valve announces the SteamDeck

Associate
steam deck 512gb uk version jumped 8 seconds EU version same spec 512gb jumped 14 hours

so in 7 days the uk 512gb has moved 20 seconds in pre orders
eu version has moved 2 days 12 hours

well done valve lol

Soldato
steam deck 512gb uk version jumped 8 seconds EU version same spec 512gb jumped 14 hours

so in 7 days the uk 512gb has moved 20 seconds in pre orders
eu version has moved 2 days 12 hours

well done valve lol
I think UK simply has fewer orders so if they can meet their q2, q3 deadline at this rate then they'll be prioritizing other areas. Like EU which is where most of the order were I guess.

I had my 512 for a month now, love the thing. Been replaying GTA 5 as never fully completed and having a lot of fun. It's such a "no commitment" device.. pick up, play for 30-45, put down, come back when ever for another 30-45. I know it's first world problems but going to the pc, logging in, launching the game etc is just effort and I end up not playing as much. If ever.

Soldato
I think UK simply has fewer orders so if they can meet their q2, q3 deadline at this rate then they'll be prioritizing other areas. Like EU which is where most of the order were I guess.

I had my 512 for a month now, love the thing. Been replaying GTA 5 as never fully completed and having a lot of fun. It's such a "no commitment" device.. pick up, play for 30-45, put down, come back when ever for another 30-45. I know it's first world problems but going to the pc, logging in, launching the game etc is just effort and I end up not playing as much. If ever.

I think this is what I need tbh.

I don't have a normal pc/desk set up. I currently use the pc exclusively via the TV more like a games console for controller based games.

But turning it on, using the wireless keyboard to choose what I want to play, messing about with sound devices (as sometimes my system doesn't work until a reboot) are all reasons why some evenings I just don't bother.

Associate
I think this is what I need tbh.

I don't have a normal pc/desk set up. I currently use the pc exclusively via the TV more like a games console for controller based games.

But turning it on, using the wireless keyboard to choose what I want to play, messing about with sound devices (as sometimes my system doesn't work until a reboot) are all reasons why some evenings I just don't bother.
Honestly apart from Factorio I've not gamed on my desktop since I got the Deck. And that's only because Factorio really needs a mouse. It's a great little device and I'm delighted with mine. Only downside is the hassle of installing GOG games, although for things like Witcher 3 I just check for sales and buy them again on Steam.

Associate
Pretty much zero unless this alleged ramp up of production starts and shows some tangible results.

My order was 4 days in, if the bot on reddit is to be believed I'm 0.71% of the way there.

Associate
The bot only looks at what time you ordered, not how many are ahead of you, and it looks like the pre-orders were really heavily front loaded. So I hope that the time will go from minutes, to hours, to days pretty quickly.... at least thats what I keep telling myself. Im q3 and ordered a couple days in. So fingers crossed

Associate
The bot only looks at what time you ordered, not how many are ahead of you, and it looks like the pre-orders were really heavily front loaded. So I hope that the time will go from minutes, to hours, to days pretty quickly.... at least thats what I keep telling myself. Im q3 and ordered a couple days in. So fingers crossed
The will be a pronounced bell curve for order volume. The FOMO/must-have types (like me) who hammered the system in the first hour until they got their order in will be the peak, then it'll drop off massively. I wouldn't be surprised if production catches up quickly once they get past the peak.

Soldato
I'm hopeful for today for 256gb version.

" Results:
It looks like you have a UK 256GB reservation
You reserved your deck 00 days, 02 hours, 36 minutes and 23 seconds after pre-orders opened.

00 days, 02 hours, 34 minutes and 02 seconds of orders have been processed.

You have 00 days, 00 hours, 02 minutes and 21 seconds of orders to go until it is your turn.

You're 98.49 % of the way there!"

How accurate have these been so far?

Back
Top Bottom