Valve announces the SteamDeck

Associate
Yeah worked for me perfectly, installed rocket league & rumbleverse yesterday and played them both online with ease.
Sweet, installed and working well. Installed Sonic Mania (which is awesome of course) and had to faff with getting it to launch full screen. For anyone struggling, took me a while to work it out.

You need to edit the settings.ini file located in:
Home/deck/Games/Heroic/Prefixes/Sonic-Mania/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/AppData/Local/Sega/SonicMania.

Set the following:
windowed=n
exclusiveFS=y

Save, and relaunch. Works perfectly then.

Soldato
Sweet, installed and working well. Installed Sonic Mania (which is awesome of course) and had to faff with getting it to launch full screen. For anyone struggling, took me a while to work it out.

You need to edit the settings.ini file located in:
Home/deck/Games/Heroic/Prefixes/Sonic-Mania/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/AppData/Local/Sega/SonicMania.

Set the following:
windowed=n
exclusiveFS=y

Save, and relaunch. Works perfectly then.
Nice! You add it to the non steam game library too so you can launch it straight from the decks ‘gaming mode’ ?

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Anyone able to recommend a decent USB-C hub with PD sufficient for the Steam Deck, SD reader, AND an HDMI 4K/60 output?

Think there are some docks available but ideally I just need a hub that I can sling in my backpack when travelling.

Associate
Anyone able to recommend a decent USB-C hub with PD sufficient for the Steam Deck, SD reader, AND an HDMI 4K/60 output?

Think there are some docks available but ideally I just need a hub that I can sling in my backpack when travelling.

"Dockteck 7 in 1" works for me. Official dock doesn't really attract as I also use mine for my company and personal laptops for work/productivity stuff.

Reactions: HRL
Associate

I'm using the Anker USB C Hub PowerExpand 8-in-1 USB C Adapter that does a single HDMI connection at 4K 60hz or use both HDMI ports at the same time for 4K 30Hz , 100W Power Delivery, 1 Gbps Ethernet, 2 USB 3.0 Data Ports, SD and microSD Card Reader. It's a bit pricey but works really well, has a nice build quality and pretty compact.

Reactions: HRL
Associate
Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you.... the GhettoDock:

2022-08-18-161938_002.jpeg

2022-08-18-162025_002.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom