Van Persie admitting it

Caporegime
Nearly all players do, at least he has the balls to admit it unlike the others who deny diving in the face of blatent evidence saying otherwise.

No it's not? Diving is when there is no contact made, and it's not a foul.

Exaggerating the force of the contact is diving too, or is touching a striker with your finger a foul?

Last edited:
Don
Football is a contact sport, contact alone doesn't mean it's a foul. Taking a dive to get a foul regardless of whether there was slight contact (Eduardo) or no contact at all is simulation and should be stamped out.

Caporegime

That.

If the article was read properly by Derek then he would have read that RVP says that if he feels contact, a push etc, he will make a fuss and make it known to the referee that he has been pushed, pulled etc. As Gooner said, diving would be going to ground when no contact has been made. Fair play to Robin for being honest.

Man of Honour
He's just pointing out what all players do and what we can see throughout football. It's easy to suddenly grab morals and start using them but at least he's admitted to simulation whereas others can't or even lie and say the opposite.

Meh, said it for a while now, Arsenal have needed somebody who can get those decisions on a consistant basis. Look at our matches against e.g. the other top 3 and it's those in recent times that have made the difference.

Caporegime
He's just pointing out what all players do and what we can see throughout football. It's easy to suddenly grab morals and start using them but at least he's admitted to simulation whereas others can't or even lie and say the opposite.

Meh, said it for a while now, Arsenal have needed somebody who can get those decisions on a consistant basis. Look at our matches against e.g. the other top 3 and it's those in recent times that have made the difference.

Yeah I'd agree with that. The Man Utd game for example. Everything that could of went either way always went their way. How they got away with the foul on Arshavin and handball in their own box I'll never know. We all know that Arsh scored in open play soon after but still, a penalty should have been awarded. We do need somebody on our team who can win those decisions and looking at it, actually, RVP does earn a fair few free kicks.

Again, good on him for coming out and saying that he does make the most of certain challenges because it's a statement that could see him get a fair bit of criticism. I don't think that he is trying to deceive the referee, he is simply showing that if he has an opportunity to go down he normally will. Unlike the Rooney's for example who would probably stay up in a tackle that would bring RVP down, although they're different types of players. RVP has shown that he doesn't always go down when he could, like the goal he scored the other week where he could have gone down but instead beat the defender to the ball in the box and smashed it in with his weak foot.

Soldato
OP
That.

Fair play to Robin for being honest.

I see irony has been lost on you. yes even if there is contact are footballers not man enough to take a bit of argie bargie after all as joker said football is a contact sport.

24024-4.jpg

Soldato
OP
Great pic. :)

Although I guess the irony has been lost on me.

you'd said fair play to persie for being honest......if he was honest he wouldn't have to exaggerate anything whether he has or has not been touched by an opposing player.

An example of this is where two players after an incident square up to each other one moves their head towards the other and has a bit of a swear. the opposing player whose head is barely touched goes down like a sack of crap as if Mike Tyson has belted him one in the chops clutching his face. Is there any need for that at all? Yes there isn't supposed to be this squaring up malarky but theres no need for the theatrics which is done to encourage officials to book / send a player off.

Its ironic that that players can go down so easily to point out to the referee that they have been legally or illegally challenged considering something that I've just remembered about now............

When Arsenal (sorry to keep using them as an example) won against man utd at old trafford (I think) the arsenal players so happy with winning pushed and shoved the likes of horse features after the game but he didn't fall over cos the game was over. if it was during the match would he have feigned injury to get an opposing player sent off. possibly. but it goes to show that the overpaid nancyboys can take a bit of a push and shove without having to go down quicker than a whore on a saturday night!

Caporegime
When Arsenal (sorry to keep using them as an example) won against man utd at old trafford (I think) the arsenal players so happy with winning pushed and shoved the likes of horse features after the game but he didn't fall over cos the game was over. if it was during the match would he have feigned injury to get an opposing player sent off. possibly. but it goes to show that the overpaid nancyboys can take a bit of a push and shove without having to go down quicker than a whore on a saturday night!

I can see your point of view and I agree players shouldn't go down so easily. But then on the other side of the coin I also want my team to win. Not necessarily by cheating, but by gaining whatever advantages are available. :)

Soldato
It'll get covered up by Wenger as a miss quote so I wouldn't worry about it.

MW

You mean like every other manager would do?

Except he is vilified for it, all the others would just get a "Well they are doing the same as everyone else would do".

Caporegime
[Cas];14968521 said:
You mean like every other manager would do?

Except he is vilified for it, all the others would just get a "Well they are doing the same as everyone else would do".

Exactly. :)

Since when did managers bad mouth their own players? Anybody? Thought so.

Soldato
What a stupid thing to say, won't ref's think he's making a fuss next time he goes down and ignore him?

I doubt it, almost every player in the league goes down easily, in every game you see there will be 2 or 3 incidents where the player could have stayed up but they didn't.

It's half the ref's fault anyway as often they don't give fouls unless the player has gone down in some areas, even when it's clear the opposition hasn't got the ball but has knocked them off balance etc. it's still a foul and often a player will go down just to make sure he gets it.

Top Bottom