Vauxhall viva startup issue

Associate
Hi,
Looking for some help.

My girlfriend has a Vauxhall Viva around 2 and a half year old.
This morning the car wouldn't start. She tried again and it started. This happened again later in the day and I have just been out in it to see if everything seems okay and the same happened to myself. The car is running perfectly once it starts.
I did a quick Google search to see if there was any information on the problem and found nothing but a YouTube video with the same problem. Unfortunately there is no reason behind it on the video. I'll leave a link here so you can see the problem. https://youtu.be/eWmBI-DM2CM
Hope someone can help.
Cheers

Associate
Had a 2005 Astra H that did this very occasionally. I think my home work suggested an immobiliser issue and that it could be as simple as the battery running out on the key fob (think a pedal test also brought up immobiliser related codes - can't really remember). In the end I only had it for 6 months before it was wrecked by someone running a red light, so never got to the bottom of it for sure.

Associate
OP
Take it back to the dealer under warranty?

Code 84 on the dash appears to reference to an engine malfunction fault stored.
I didn't notice that code on the video. That is the only thing her car isn't doing.
Shes going to ring the garage tomorrow and see what they have to say. Pretty sure it is still under warranty

Back
Top Bottom