Vauxhall Viva

Associate
Anybody out there got a viva or any Vauxhall. What it is my car window screen is freezing up in the inside of the car. It is pure ice, and it takes me ages to remove it with the heater. Anybody know what it is causing it. Thanks

Soldato
Moisture inside the car, probably a drain blocked, check carpets, spare wheel well etc for trapped water that can't get out

Man of Honour
Excessive moisture, low temperatures.

This is not a Vauxhall Viva specific issue, but the worse your weatherproofing is, the worse the icing will be. My old Manta would have more ice on the inside than the outside most winters.

Caporegime
Oh god, what did they rebadge?

It's like a smaller Corsa. I got a lift home with someone who has one and she was ragging the nuts off it for such a small engine car, 4k upshifts on the rev counter within 30 seconds of starting it up. Hasn't missed a beat apparently. As an aside my parents had the original in red. I vaguely remember no seatbelts in the back and sliding across the seat when we went round corners. I also remember a cream coloured Triumph Toledo, a Renault 11 TC (A265KFX I'm sure it was), a Rover Maestro and then a Peugeot 309 1.1.

Soldato
It's so awful I think even Vauxhall have given up trying to sell it. If you want one get one soon as it ends production next year :D

It’s a great little car does exactly what it says on the tin. Had ours 3 years and for around town and short journeys it’s perfect. It ends production as it’s a GM based car it shares the same chassis as a lot of similar cars all made in Korea...

The 1.0 3 cylinder 75hp engine is a bit lacking but it does the job well enough and is really good on fuel.

Ours is the wife’s car and it has spent pretty much 3 years driving 6 miles a day to her work and back and ferrying the kids around and it has not missed a beat. Tbh it’s the perfect second car.

Had two at one point...... lol

2uztjwo.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Old man used to have a HB GT, that thing was horrible on cold Winter mornings. Assuming you could start it without flooding the engine with the manual choke you then had to sit there revving it in order to warm the engine up and then leave it with the blowers on to thaw the windows out.

Man of Honour
It’s a great little car does exactly what it says on the tin. Had ours 3 years and for around town and short journeys it’s perfect. It ends production as it’s a GM based car it shares the same chassis as a lot of similar cars all made in Korea...

The 1.0 3 cylinder 75hp engine is a bit lacking but it does the job well enough and is really good on fuel.

Ours is the wife’s car and it has spent pretty much 3 years driving 6 miles a day to her work and back and ferrying the kids around and it has not missed a beat. Tbh it’s the perfect second car.

Had two at one point...... lol
I'd be disappointed if a car couldn't do ~2000 miles a year without issues, never mind a nearly new one!

Soldato
I'd be disappointed if a car couldn't do ~2000 miles a year without issues, never mind a nearly new one!

Bit more than that in reality it’s on just over 10k in 3 years. Pretty much all short journeys doubt many diesels would cope the DPF filters would have a meltdown....

Back
Top Bottom