Vega 56 - Upgrade Help

Permabanned
Hi all

I'm on the market for a GPU upgrade and I got my eyes on Vega 56 Pulse as it's £300 new on overclockers which seems like a sweet deal. However I've seen mixed reviews online about PSU requirements where people with 620W PSU don't have any problems and some do.

My system is the following: https://imgur.com/a/1eREF2O

Can I ask if you any of you who have similar PSU wattage have any issues with the card and PSU combo? You reckon mine would be fine if I underclock? Even though I never underclocked a card I'm pretty sure I could manage given the information on this forum.

Thanks for your read.

Thanks,
Cezar

Man of Honour
Hi and welcome to the forums. :)

Your Seasonic M12 ll Evo Edition 620w has 576w on it's 12v rail so a Vega 56 with the rest of your components should be fine. If you have a read of the Vega 56 Owners thread there are lot's of tips and tweaks to get the best out of the card. One such tweak is to undervolt the card while increasing the power limit and you end up with a card that is almost as quick as a Vega 64!!

Permabanned
OP
Thanks @pastymuncher

I've read the Vega 56 Owners thread for the past few days and found a lot of useful information, that's where I saw users with the same PSU. I've also stumbled upon this website which helped me quite a lot to estimate my consumption.

I think I will pull the trigger on the card in the next following days, hopefully the card will still be at the same price.

Back
Top Bottom