Vertical lines of blur about an inch apart

Soldato
Hey guys, think I've got a bit of a problem here. I noticed some blurry text on my Viewsonic VA1912WS, then looked further along the line and saw another blur. Decided to fill up a notepad with text and maximise it. You can quite clearly see about 12 vertical lines of blur, running from top to bottom and about an inch apart from eachother.

Also the other night, I had my room door open, and saw wavey lines on my monitor, I wasnt sure of the cause of this so tried closing my door, and the waving stopped. Bear in mind that there's a fridge-freezer just on the other side of the wall (probably 2 feet away?), and a freezer just on the other side of another wall (probably about 5 feet away).

Now I'm guessing that these are related, something to do with how fridges and freezers work? Is there anything i can do :( I still have the receipt so hope I can get a new monitor if I have to. Input would be appreciated!

Soldato
Set your display mode timing to GTF (General Timing Formula).

For nVidia:

Haven't got a clue how you do this if you're using an ATi card though.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
My card's a X300 Mobile, and I can't find that option anywhere in my Catalyst control panel. Have googled also, but nothing's come up :(

Back
Top Bottom