Very impressed with Audi service

Don
I've had a small problem with my A8 gearbox behaving in an odd fashion so I took it to Martins of Basinggrad for them to have a look at it.
Never have I been so impressed with the attitude and service of a dealer.

Fist up, they advised me to have a conversation with their master technician before he got his hands dirty. I told him about the problem and he knew instantly what it was. Said it may need a new box but there were other things he could do. Tols me it would take a couple of days to investigate.
I took an A6 2.0tdi as a courtesy car and off I went.

Dealer called me that night to advise me they were keeping the car for a couple of days.
Dealer called me the next day to update me on the progress.
Dealer called me the next day to advise me that I was going to need a new gearbox, and torque converter and this would take 5 days. He said therre were 3 possible parts in the gear box that could cause the hesitation I describe but they didn't want to annoy me by pring one after the other and would rather replace the box with a brand new one from the factory. He asked if I was happy with the loan car and I said no as I would have preferred an auto. The service manager offered his brand new Allroad as a replacement so I agreed.

Just had another call from the dealer to advise me of the situation. Gearbox is being fitted and a couple of other niggles I identified (couple of elements not working on the rear de-mist etc.) have been sorted. Am I happy with the Allroad?

This is fantastic service and absolutely how it should be. At no point have I been made to feel bad for complaining about a fault and they have been courteous and helpful at every step of the way.

Right on. I may buy another Audi.

Soldato
hmm I'd say if you went in with an A3 you almost certainly wouldnt be getting that kind of service. How old and what mileage is the car, out of interest?

Caporegime
Sounds like fantastic service, just goes to show people who care exist, when i got my Clio pre reg from the dealer even though i'd only spent 7k (Cash mine) i got the best handover me and my dad have ever had, (Shame the dealer service after that sucks slightly)!

Mark

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Clarkey said:
hmm I'd say if you went in with an A3 you almost certainly wouldnt be getting that kind of service. How old and what mileage is the car, out of interest?

When we went in with the A3 the service was similar, though not to that extent with the courtesy car etc.

Soldato
I have been similarly impressed by the Jaguar Dealer we bought the X-type for the in-laws.

A piece of trim fell off the inside of the boot.
The dealer arranged for a service tech to call in another x-type. if he couldn't sort it on site he was to leave the other Jag, taking ours back to the garage to fix and then return, which is what happened.

Very impressed.

Permabanned
Had terrible experiences with Mercedes. Whilst Jaguar have always given an outstanding service.

I think its 98% down to the individual dealership.

I've seen fantastic and diabolical service from Peugeot, Seat, Citroen, Mercedes etc.

Don
OP
Clarkey said:

My A8 is just over 2 years old and has done 32,000 miles.

Soldato
It's always good when you get great customer service as it's so rare these days that it happens :D It's the small things that make the difference really isn't it? Just by going out of their way just that little bit has probably landed them another sale in the future. Have you dropped them a line to let them know how happy you were? That could make all the difference to them too ;)

Soldato
mercedes are easily the worst set of dealers i have ever had to deal with.

their mechanical prowess is almost non existant

same applies to their manners and organisational skills.

on par with land rover for shoddyness, but at least the merc waited till 76k miles to go rotten, the disco only needed 32k miles.

Soldato
To be fair the service I've received for my A3 has been superb. Remember that when major things go wrong like on Rilot's A8, it's going to be Audi UK picking up the tab so the dealer stands to make a decent wedge out of it, so they're obviously going to bend over backwards to help or you'll take your lucrative business elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom