Very Rare Coil Whine from nj450-sxl SilverStone

Associate
Well i get this platinium PSU, yes its very quiet, but when a enter in certain pages (imgur for example, a lot of gif simultaneous) start to make a moderate coil whine.
And also it does a quiet sound when i scrolling or move the mouse (only audible when i put my ear next to the panel) but you know, i dont play a premium product for this.

I dont have noise in gaming or playing videos (for dota in ultra it doesnt, but in diablo II yes) . So, overload its not the reason for the coil whine. I have the PSU very close to the GPU i dont know if is it. But its seems, that any application with a lot of fps (+500) make my psu coil whining

Even turn off the monitor, and enter in imgur and the sound still... i dont know if is the psu, the gpu, or the combination of both.

Soldato
Suggest taking the components out of the case and moving the PSU away from the GPU as much as possible in order to determine which is emitting the whine.

There was a system I built some years ago which definitely had PSU whine with high fps, so yes sometimes it can be the PSU. And as you say - certain PSU/GPU combos can cause one of them to whine. Which GPU is it?

If it turns out to be the PSU you can reject for refund no questions asked within 14 days, or providing a reason within 30 days. I know the Silverstone is fanless and platinum but there's a cheaper and in my opinion better option in the form of Seasonic Focus SGX 650W, which has ten years warranty v the five or three on the Silverstone. And if you're not drawing tons of power then it should be very quiet.

Another option is to use Afterburner+Rivatuner to globally limit the fps. And if you need higher fps for a certain game, then independently set that game to use higher or unlimited fps.

Associate
OP
Suggest taking the components out of the case and moving the PSU away from the GPU as much as possible in order to determine which is emitting the whine.

There was a system I built some years ago which definitely had PSU whine with high fps, so yes sometimes it can be the PSU. And as you say - certain PSU/GPU combos can cause one of them to whine. Which GPU is it?

If it turns out to be the PSU you can reject for refund no questions asked within 14 days, or providing a reason within 30 days. I know the Silverstone is fanless and platinum but there's a cheaper and in my opinion better option in the form of Seasonic Focus SGX 650W, which has ten years warranty v the five or three on the Silverstone. And if you're not drawing tons of power then it should be very quiet.

Another option is to use Afterburner+Rivatuner to globally limit the fps. And if you need higher fps for a certain game, then independently set that game to use higher or unlimited fps.
I remove the back panel from the case, and its appears that is the motherboard. I have the m.2 in the back side. Now idk if is it the m.2 or the mother lol.

Back
Top Bottom