Vettel and the FIA

Man of Honour
Not much more can be said that hasn't already in the GP thread. Seems like a mix of not wanting to decide results off track, not wanting to upset F1 posterboys Ferrari, etc etc.

He got off lightly but I think he would have been nailed up by his balls had Hamilton suffered suspension failure / puncture as a result.

In the cycling example, they took out a competitor. A little different to this F1 case.

Soldato
He got off lightly but I think he would have been nailed up by his balls had Hamilton suffered suspension failure / puncture as a result.
I'd agree with this. We've seen it many times that the Stewards will be flexible on a decision based on what the actual impact was. A collision that has directly affected a competitor is consistently punished more heavily than one that didn't make a difference in the end.

Caporegime
The FIA are probably **** scared that Ferrari will just walk away, F1 can't really afford to lose any of its top teams. All of Italy and a lot more people across the world will stop watching if Ferrari left.

Back
Top Bottom