Vettel leaving Ferrari

Caporegime
Reports coming out of the German press that Vettel is heading to Aston Martin/Racing Point, with the remaining stumbling block how they're going to ditch Perez to bring Vettel in.

I think they'd be mad to replace Perez with Vettel but that seems to be the plan.

Caporegime
Reports coming out of the German press that Vettel is heading to Aston Martin/Racing Point, with the remaining stumbling block how they're going to ditch Perez to bring Vettel in.

I think they'd be mad to replace Perez with Vettel but that seems to be the plan.
Apparently Perez has a break clause in his contract if activated before the end of July is what I’ve been hearing. Perez brings a substantial wedge from Telmex so this is a big statement of intent from AM/RP. I’m sure Vettel will be taking a pay cut compared to what he was on at Ferrari but I’m also sure he won’t be being paid a pittance at AM either.

Caporegime
When Daddy owns the team, you get a seat... It's the only way he'll stay in F1 really.

Stroll is easily good enough to have deserved a seat in F1 (seriously, he smashed F3 winning by a mile ahead of drivers including George Russell), and he did well in his first two seasons. It's only really last season that he struggled against Perez. Yes, he has Daddy's money behind him but he's far from the worst driver on the grid.

Lunacy ditching Perez though.

Indeed. Perez has performed really well this season and last. He's a capable, experienced, pair of hands who just seems to keep getting better. I cannot see why you'd take Vettel over him.

Caporegime
Can't believe it. Wish this had happened when Renault had a seat. Would have been more than happy to have him in the team.

This is really a **** move. Almost all the doors are closed. I really hope vettel is dire and it back fires on them.

Soldato
Can't believe it. Wish this had happened when Renault had a seat. Would have been more than happy to have him in the team.

This is really a **** move. Almost all the doors are closed. I really hope vettel is dire and it back fires on them.

You should ask Renault to get there house in order before having a go at someone else.

Permabanned
Stroll is easily good enough to have deserved a seat in F1 (seriously, he smashed F3 winning by a mile ahead of drivers including George Russell), and he did well in his first two seasons. It's only really last season that he struggled against Perez. Yes, he has Daddy's money behind him but he's far from the worst driver on the grid.

He might not be the worst but he hasn’t earned a place on merit.

He did well in F3 because his dad bought him a good seat.

Back
Top Bottom