Victoria Derbyshire - Jeremy what?

Caporegime
Because that's what they are paid by our license fee to do.

I've come across many people I could describe as a **** over the year in my job, but guess what, I'm professional so I haven't done that.

The BBC are held to a higher bar of standard than that of an internet troll.

I can't stand Jeremy Hunt, but it doesn't mean I want BBC newsreaders talking like Donald Trump.

Well the problem is, that mr Trumpo was elected in large part due to the "telling at is it is" mindset, so if the most important job in the world for being professional is acceptable, a reporter definitely should be.

Welcome the new normal, because i ******* hate sanitised language from uppity high horsers.

Soldato
Well the problem is, that mr Trumpo was elected in large part due to the "telling at is it is" mindset, so if the most important job in the world for being professional is acceptable, a reporter definitely should be.

Welcome the new normal, because i ******* hate sanitised language from uppity high horsers.
What a charming young man you are.

Caporegime
What a charming young man you are.

Do you enjoy Public Relations doublespeak/no-speak thrown at you constantly while getting nowhere with interviewees who actually have no idea what they're talking about and just like pushing agendas?

Reporters and hosts need to grow some cajones and take the task to these insipid ******** taking everything for a joke, when the subject matter is grave and affecting millions.

Soldato
When you're attempting to soundly confront,
The Conservative electoral hunt,
A slip of the tongue,
May come out all wrong,
And deliver linguistic affront.

It wasn't the funniest thing that happened this morning though. Anyone catch Matt Hancock's launch speech? All the charisma of a soiled nappy. I struggle to work out why so many political also-rans are in the race to win the chance to be our next worst PM. Perhaps I underestimate ambition and the lure of the role though. To me it looks like political deathwish, but I guess being a lousy PM at a lousy time is better than being a random citizen being snarky on the internet and then going back to watching Springwatch. <shrug>

Soldato
Yes, but she said the word and then immediately went on to say "I've never said that in my life, it's usually men who say that" as if to somehow excuse herself and make men look bad. Imagine the uproar from females if a man said something by accident and then said it's usually women who say that.
It was that bit that really annoyed me. Why not just apologise? Why the need to say that?

Back
Top Bottom