Victoria Derbyshire - Jeremy what?

Soldato
Do you enjoy Public Relations doublespeak/no-speak thrown at you constantly while getting nowhere with interviewees who actually have no idea what they're talking about and just like pushing agendas?

Reporters and hosts need to grow some cajones and take the task to these insipid ******** taking everything for a joke, when the subject matter is grave and affecting millions.

If they started doing that and devolving in to crude language people will switch off.

Negativity is lazy and doesn't convince anyone.

Caporegime
If they started doing that and devolving in to crude language people will switch off.

Negativity is lazy and doesn't convince anyone.

I'm not saying they should just swear loudly at them, but the current situation is a farce and is likely partly why current politics is so ****.

They shouldn't be afraid to force the politician into a hole or to leave the program, another issue is these awful Americanised leadership/election shows for the political parties which is about as useful as a polished turd on a night stand, the Host needs to attack them on every point (especially if its a ******* misleading obstruction/lie/they caused the problem in the first place) or it's just pointless sausage waving.

Right now hosts/correspondents/interviewers and what have you are just poor useless shills.

Soldato
Right now hosts/correspondents/interviewers and what have you are just poor useless shills.

I agree with this.

I think the problem is that certain people are in high demand to come on to these shows and the channels are nervous to push them too far or they will refuse to come on that show/channel again.

Soldato
Good job his name isn't Mike.

True story, but many years ago I was in the resident band working at a Warners holiday centre. The compere was a young female. We were a bit mean and decided to play a joke on her. Our bandleader gave her a note to read out right at the beginning of the evening. She read out "Ladies and gentlemen, there's someone who needs to move his car. Has anyone seen Mike Hunt? Anyone?"

Of course laughter ensued and it took her a moment to catch on. :D She took it well fortunately and we didn't get fired.

Soldato
True story, but many years ago I was in the resident band working at a Warners holiday centre. The compere was a young female. We were a bit mean and decided to play a joke on her. Our bandleader gave her a note to read out right at the beginning of the evening. She read out "Ladies and gentlemen, there's someone who needs to move his car. Has anyone seen Mike Hunt? Anyone?"

Of course laughter ensued and it took her a moment to catch on. :D She took it well fortunately and we didn't get fired.
er; that's a scene in Porky's.

Back
Top Bottom