ViewSonic XG2703-GS or Samsung LC27HG70QQUXEN

Associate
As the title says, ViewSonic XG2703-GS or
Samsung LC27HG70QQUXEN?

I've had a Samsung screen in the past and generally have always been very happy with their screens. At the moment I'm leaning more towards the Samsung, but I'm unfamiliar with quantum dot vs ips? the reviews seem very good though on both. What would you guys recommend?

Associate
I have the C27HG70 and have now pared it with a 1080TI. I came from an old Samsung TN 60Hz 1080P, which severed me well, so decided to stick with the brand.
1440P with 144Hz is great with the 1080P. I have not seen any tearing with Destiny 2 and SWBF2 so far. The card you use will of course determine what experience you get. The FreeSync was great with my old R9 290 in recent games, but older games FPS tanked and LFS did not really help.
No dead pixels, but some very slight bleed in the bottom left and right. Nothing that I find to be an issue and I only notice when turning off and on.
Very sharp image, clear text and brilliant colours thanks to the QDOT I imagine.
HDR seems hit and miss so far. SWBF2 colour is badly washed out and frankly its a mess. Destiny 2 looks amazing, but I need to turn off the HDR at some point to try and gage what the difference is that it brings. I just want to play the game at the moment, so that's a weekend task.
Lots of people on Overclock.net talk about banding with this and the 32", but its not been visible to me. I may be lucky with my screen or just not noticing it.
Overall I am very pleased.

Associate
OP
I have the C27HG70 and have now pared it with a 1080TI. I came from an old Samsung TN 60Hz 1080P, which severed me well, so decided to stick with the brand.
1440P with 144Hz is great with the 1080P. I have not seen any tearing with Destiny 2 and SWBF2 so far. The card you use will of course determine what experience you get. The FreeSync was great with my old R9 290 in recent games, but older games FPS tanked and LFS did not really help.
No dead pixels, but some very slight bleed in the bottom left and right. Nothing that I find to be an issue and I only notice when turning off and on.
Very sharp image, clear text and brilliant colours thanks to the QDOT I imagine.
HDR seems hit and miss so far. SWBF2 colour is badly washed out and frankly its a mess. Destiny 2 looks amazing, but I need to turn off the HDR at some point to try and gage what the difference is that it brings. I just want to play the game at the moment, so that's a weekend task.
Lots of people on Overclock.net talk about banding with this and the 32", but its not been visible to me. I may be lucky with my screen or just not noticing it.
Overall I am very pleased.
Thanks for the reply, the reviews seem very positive, and not many Nvidia owners seem to be experiencing issues with the lack of g-sync either which is promising!

Associate
OP
Mmmmm. To be honest, I'm not massively over the moon with gsync or hdr or any of these other 'features'. The image quality of the screen seems to be the one thing no-one bothers talking about, the Samsung seems to have impressed some ips users, as I'm coming from a cheap tn panel, I'm hopefully going to see a decent difference!

Back
Top Bottom