*****Virgin Australia Supercars Championship 2019*****

Soldato
Hahahaha the hydration bit in the second race is brilliant. The relationship between the commentators adds so much to the supercars!
Haha yeah, genuinely made me laugh when they were talking about that. Pity that things like that are the highlights of the race though heh. The quality of racing really has dropped this season, hopefully the Holdens and Nissans will pull their finger out and get caught up.

Soldato
Yeah it's not been great, but McLaughlin has been a world apart from everyone else in his consistency this season, yes the new Mustang is good, but he is using it to its full potential unlike pretty much everyone else. Hopefully the others will gain speed, suspect the change to the rear suspension this year isn't helping them.

Soldato
Yeah that second race was really good, I was just getting ready for it to get going again and it ended :( Pity Anton couldn't get a better result, he/his team made the right choice at the right time.

This got a little bit scary when the flames made it to the filler nozzle. It could have easily ended up a lot worse!

Soldato
OP
I really enjoyed Townsville - great action and some surprising mistakes by some drivers. Great job by Simona too dragging that Nissan to 10th in the rain! :)

Next round is this weekend and I'm remembering to post about it for a change! :p

Ipswich SuperSprint

HDx0qy6.jpg

Stanaway is still out, fuel hoses have been looked at to hopefully avoid more burninating and some cars have new liveries for this weekend!

Not the most exciting of layouts but a fast track and usually produces some wild action!

Soldato
OP
It's never too late for another wildcard entry! :D

Also I see Richie Stanaway is returning next weekend at The Bend. He's got a bit of an attitude but he's got talent too. Could be interesting :)

Soldato
The Indycar drivers have taken both seats at the team that Zak Brown co-owns which would have been Alonso's best bet. I'm surprised that DJR haven't got some Indy drivers coming to do it too.

EDIT: Wait, they're not co-drivers, they're running a car just for themselves?

Soldato
The Indycar drivers have taken both seats at the team that Zak Brown co-owns which would have been Alonso's best bet. I'm surprised that DJR haven't got some Indy drivers coming to do it too.

EDIT: Wait, they're not co-drivers, they're running a car just for themselves?

Yep. Pure wildcard team entry not Co drivers!

Soldato
OP
5nQw0hD.jpg

Tailem Bend this weekend. Sadly I've got a million and one other things going on so not really got time to add a bunch of data! Only the 2nd time at the track so the newness of the surface should have gone away and the teams will have some ideas on setup.

DJRTP did really poorly here last year whilst 888 did a fine job. Will the same be true this weekend? :)

Soldato
OP
So I never got around to watching the last race due to a ton of other things going on and then being ill. Anyone want to summarise?

That said they chucked the cars into boats and sent them to New Zealand for the international round at Pukekohe - Round 11 here we go! :D

Pukekohe-2.jpg

Lap Record: 1m03s.7239 (Scott McLaughlin)
Format: International Supersprint (2 x 200km, 70 laps)

A whole bunch has happened since last time out including:

Yet more rebalancing of aero packages :rolleyes:
Sandown is losing it's enduro and The Bend gets it instead!
No Phillip Island next year!

Calendar here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Supercars_Championship#Calendar

3 x night races (Perth, Sydney and Gold Coast!)

Should be a good weekend! :D

Soldato
To be honest last couple of rounds weren't up to much cop from memory. Love Pukekohe especially the last turn, always looks like all the cars are on such a knife edge.

New calendar is interesting, shame Sandown loses enduro, but think the Bend will be better racing Enduro and big loss with Philip Island as the racing is always quality here.

GC as a night race should make it better too.

Once again the aero rebalance can only be judged after this set of races, but if Nissan aren't closer then once again they have ultimately failed even if Holden are back in the battle, conviently in time for Bathurst :D

Soldato
Race control absolutely dropped the ball in race 2. There are a lot of angry drivers that were robbed of good results.

Good to see the Holden and Fords are getting close in performance again. This season has been particularly dull due to Ford’s dominance

Soldato
What an absolute mess that was, first race was really good though for tactics, shame the 888 cars weren't really allowed to fight unlike the Tickford boys... Hopefully the Holdens and Fords will be tight especially for Bathurst! and Nissan can start to place a bit higher up, with Simona finishing well in the second race.

Good article on the debacle below.

https://www.motorsport.com/v8supercars/news/pukekohe-supercars-safety-car-debacle/4543057/

Also read they'll be ripping apart the aero at the end of the season to take a load off for next year.

Back
Top Bottom