Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
My contact was coming to an end and as usual they offered me a crap deal so cancelled.

Had a call back within 24 hours and they asked me what package I was after.

Told them a new customer can get the oomph bundle for £89 and as a long term customer I should be able to get that at that price which they agreed.

Just cancelled my 3 sim and will be using the unlimited sim that's included saving myself £16 a month.

Soldato
So after having slow wi fi since I had fibre installed a few weeks ago I seen to have found a fix by changing the wi fi channels. I was constantly getting 60mb-80mb and now I constantly 350mb no matter where I am in the house.

Caporegime
So after having slow wi fi since I had fibre installed a few weeks ago I seen to have found a fix by changing the wi fi channels. I was constantly getting 60mb-80mb and now I constantly 350mb no matter where I am in the house.

How's your TBB graph looking? I've had two horrendous spikes over the last 48 hours. Didn't notice them as I wasn't gaming at the time but it's not looking good for the long term.

Caporegime
anyone else get a text saying there virgin bill wont be going up this year....

cheeky gits, never seen a bill rise as much as theres over the years, literally every other bill is virtually the same as when I moved in but virgin is about double what it started as

Associate
no because im autistic and hate using phones + it will be some foreigner I can barely understand that might as well be on the moon with how terrible the quality will be.

thinking to just cancel it out right for awhile now

The offshore agents are the polite ones. From my experience, UK call agents have just been rude.

Soldato
The offshore agents are the polite ones. From my experience, UK call agents have just been rude.
Funnily enough I've found the same thing recently. The last time I spoke to an advisor in retentions, she put me on silent hold for 20 minutes then changed my package without even asking me. Had I not called back, I would be on a package that was more expensive than my current one.

Soldato
I just wish you didn't have to go through hoops each time you want to renegotiate your deal when your contract ends.

Contract ends you call up and tell you this is the absolute best deal we can offer you even though you know that's a lie, then you have to cancel and wait for the call back offering you the deal you wanted.

Soldato
anyone else get a text saying there virgin bill wont be going up this year....

cheeky gits, never seen a bill rise as much as theres over the years, literally every other bill is virtually the same as when I moved in but virgin is about double what it started as
Yeah I got it, not sure exactly how they justify the price going up.

Soldato
VM community forums have been great for getting in contact with support and helping. Probably not contract negotiations but I've found over the phone has been okay so far. Currently on VM 350 for £33.50 (had it for £26 a few years back) for a few more months now. I've got the luxury of having FTTP as a backup if they decide to play hard ball though, but I remember doing the haggle when they were NTL and still managing to get a good price.

Associate
no because im autistic and hate using phones + it will be some foreigner I can barely understand that might as well be on the moon with how terrible the quality will be.

thinking to just cancel it out right for awhile now
If you're out of contract you can phone 150 and select moving option then thinking of leaving and you'll get a direct reply to UK retentions

Back
Top Bottom