Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
Just looking at prices for VM this morning and it looks like they have some offer on - setup fee is waived and first 6 months is free, but the monthly price for the other 12 months of the contract are higher. I was looking at £40/month for the 350Mb package (broadband only) which went up to £56 after the 18 month contract, but now it's free for 6 months then £56/month. This works out cheaper across the contract period but still makes it "feel" like a high price.

Soldato
My Ultimate Oomph (I want to cancel just because of the name) and I’m going to go for M500, just need to haggle for the best price now.

Going to see if I can get on 1GigE trial!

Last edited:
Soldato
Yup just came off a call with retentions, dead loss, didn’t offer me a bean.

I tried the whole "retentions by txt" thing but because I'm on the Ulitmate Ooomph bundle I have to ring retentions, it can't be done via txt. If anybody has any tips let me know, I'm pretty sure I'm going to come of the Ooomph bundle as I barely use the TV boxes and the unlimited SIM which was attractive has become pretty much useless post COVID ;)

Last year obviously it was the only way to get M500 tier but now that's available and now site of when M600 will turn up makes me thing I might as well go broadband only, especially as my discount period is coming to an end!

Last edited:
Soldato

I tried the whole "retentions by txt" thing but because I'm on the Ulitmate Ooomph bundle I have to ring retentions, it can't be done via txt. If anybody has any tips let me know, I'm pretty sure I'm going to come of the Ooomph bundle as I barely use the TV boxes and the unlimited SIM which was attractive has become pretty much useless post COVID ;)

Last year obviously it was the only way to get M500 tier but now that's available and now site of when M600 will turn up makes me thing I might as well go broadband only, especially as my discount period is coming to an end!

It looks like everyone is doing a 18 months contact.
Not happy with that at all.

I may give Sky a go.

Associate

Was this the call when you called in to cancel? Or the actual retentions call where they contacted you during your 30 day notice?

Permabanned
Going to cancel mine and take a punt with retentions. If that fails will go cheapo BB monthly contract and then sign up again in the wifes name.....hopefully that still works.

So annoying there is no competition to VMs speed in my area. :mad:

Soldato

What is this retentions by text thing?

Soldato
So i just called in to cancel my Virgin deal and its not hard to see why below:

Ultimate Bundle based on there website:

New customers - £65 a month for 18mths
Me - £91 a month

So as a current customer i have to pay £26 more compared to new customers for the same deal. The operator told me that new customers have to pay full price for the deal once the 18 month is over and they're not liable for discount. I told her that was irrelevant as they would cancel and move to competitor anyway. She also mentioned that they dont have a retentions team anymore apparently....... now to see if i do receive a call from retentions in the next 30 days

Permabanned
Cancellation booked, they wouldn't give me anything, even the BB and sim card only "loyal customer deals" were more expensive than standard rates. :rolleyes:

I will take a 4g bb or cheapo monthly BB then sign up with the wife 30 days after the cancellation.

Associate
FWIW - I gave my 30 days notice fairly recently, wasn't offered anything great at point of cancelling. Got a retention call less than a week later offering a good deal (£3 less PM than new customer deal for broadband only at that time).

Soldato
I've never heard of it but my questions was what on earth is this retention by text LOL

fyi - you can renegotiate entirely through text message on your mobile phone using the official Virgin Media text service:

+44 7533 051809

Ask to be put through to the retention team using text message.

That’s what i did, i didn’t talk to anyone on the phone.

Back
Top Bottom