Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Caporegime
I think the general VM consensus is that they are the only option for decent speeds in a lot of locations, but everything about the company and the network is awful.

Soldato
It’s completely dependent on where you live, if you live in a massively over contended area with no FTTC and LLU providers then I’m sure it’s terrible.

Luckily I’m in an small town which has FTTC and many LLU providers (SKY, Talk Talk etc) and the Virgin network is new (part of project Lightening), I’m on the Ultimate Ooomph package and consistently get 580Mbps.

Man of Honour
Its hard to know which areas are over subscribed - you generally only hear about those people having issues. I've been with VM since 2000 in two properties (same area) with very few issues and none relating to not getting the full speed at any time. I can get FTTC but it will be ~50-60mbit.

Soldato
Phone line down here.

Such a rubbish service, it seems there is always some area with some issue.

Out of VM / BT and SKY what would be the best for reliability and good customer support.

I cannot get the the top tier speeds with BT, think fastest I can get is 100-130mbps

I'm currently on VM 350mb.

Soldato
Its hard to know which areas are over subscribed - you generally only hear about those people having issues. I've been with VM since 2000 in two properties (same area) with very few issues and none relating to not getting the full speed at any time. I can get FTTC but it will be ~50-60mbit.

Well if your in an area with a high population and that doesn’t have FTTC or other LLU providers then then you can bet your bottom dollar it will be oversubscribed.

Back
Top Bottom