Soldato
Yay 50meg

5224892359.png

Don't most people want a faster upload than download:eek:

Associate
Yay 50meg

5224892359.png

Don't most people want a faster upload than download:eek:

No, most people need a faster download for online gaming, web browsing only if you are uploading large files do you need more bandwidth. If i were you (I am a long standing VM customer) I would keep Sky TV and get VM broadband if you are in a cabled area. VM's Tivo service is pretty poor.

Soldato
No, most people need a faster download for online gaming, web browsing only if you are uploading large files do you need more bandwidth. If i were you (I am a long standing VM customer) I would keep Sky TV and get VM broadband if you are in a cabled area. VM's Tivo service is pretty poor.

That IS VM BB.

I've been a customer for over 10 years. Recently moved...But still in the same cabinet. And I've had no end of problems..

Does anyone have an email address I can send a complaint to at VM.

Associate
Soldato
When I try to activate my speed boost I get the message that:

"Sorry, we're having a few technical difficulties so we can't complete your order right now. We're working hard to fix the problem as quickly as we can - so please try again soon." Now I recall getting the same message a few weeks ago when I tried so I call up support who say it's a billing issue and they can't just boost me...which is fine.

However, this is the confusing/worrying bit. They said they think I cant get speed boost because i'm on a reduced rate package?! I don't recall getting any special deals, just went through their website and got 152mbps for £42.50pm (no phone line).

Anyone else come accross this?

Soldato
I only have virgin broadband (50meg but going up to 70 in june)

Has anyone managed to get a deal about downgrading ?

I only need 20 meg as im the only user.

Soldato

pft, i prefer Tivo over sky+ and youview. Still wish i could go back to VM :(

Permabanned
When I try to activate my speed boost I get the message that:

"Sorry, we're having a few technical difficulties so we can't complete your order right now. We're working hard to fix the problem as quickly as we can - so please try again soon." Now I recall getting the same message a few weeks ago when I tried so I call up support who say it's a billing issue and they can't just boost me...which is fine.

However, this is the confusing/worrying bit. They said they think I cant get speed boost because i'm on a reduced rate package?! I don't recall getting any special deals, just went through their website and got 152mbps for £42.50pm (no phone line).

Anyone else come accross this?
Try calling again to get someone different. What you are currently paying should have no bearing on it and if they tamper with your package at all it will instantly render you ineligible for the speed boost in the system.

Soldato
Try calling again to get someone different. What you are currently paying should have no bearing on it and if they tamper with your package at all it will instantly render you ineligible for the speed boost in the system.

Had a chat with billing, rather than tech support. They sorted it :)

Soldato
i was thinking about it but it's pricey. £13.99 per month for 2 years on top of what your paying for the 200Mb + £9.99 activation fee

i will be waiting for the next so call free upgrade which may be 300-400Mb and price goes up to £3-4... which is cheaper option.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is there any way Virgin will allow you to use your own bought router instead of their one?

One of my friends just moved to Virgin and has an epic Asus router, but I am under the assumption it has to be their own equipment.

I know he could put their router in modem mode and connect to the asus but thought I would check

Permabanned
Is there any way Virgin will allow you to use your own bought router instead of their one?

One of my friends just moved to Virgin and has an epic Asus router, but I am under the assumption it has to be their own equipment.

I know he could put their router in modem mode and connect to the asus but thought I would check

Yes, put the superhub into modem mode in settings and plug the router into it.

Associate
I am looking to move into a house which is in a virgin area but there has never been anything in the past so will an engineer have to come up and dig stuff up up the driveway and lay lines? how does it work ?

Back
Top Bottom