Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Associate
What are people paying for 100bb only?

I was previously on £24.50 a month, they would always offer a good discount on calling up but they won't budge from £30 a month now.

Can easily sign up on wife's name, plenty of offers at £24/ £25 through uSwitch and cable.co.uk

Soldato
they offered me 3 v6

Just cancel, and wait a few days they will call you, don't accept anything less than the price a new customer gets plus some bill credit. Otherwise if you live with another adult, cancel your services and sign up in a new name, at the same address and get the cashback, bill credits and cheap monthly price.

Associate
Just cancel, and wait a few days they will call you, don't accept anything less than the price a new customer gets plus some bill credit. Otherwise if you live with another adult, cancel your services and sign up in a new name, at the same address and get the cashback, bill credits and cheap monthly price.
does the name change definitely work

Soldato
does the name change definitely work

Yes, since it is a different person under a different credit agreement. What I'd say though is, you'll find once you give them the 30 days notice you'll get nagged to death to stay, just stand your ground and tell them what you'll get as a 'valued' new customer rather than sticking around. They'll sort something out, and if not you just sign up and have it reactivated after a couple of days under the new account, with stacks of cashback and bill credits etc. :)

Soldato
Going to call tonight to get my price down, M350 is £35 for new customers so I'm looking at paying that, currently paying £42.50. if they won't budge I'll put my notice in and sign up as a new customer in partners details

Soldato
Thought I'd update peeps on my outcome.

As I predicted, no one called me back after cancelling. Ended up calling two days before being disconnected asking if they definitely can't do anything. Offered £51, was £67,

Not to bad a result I guess, but I knew they'd call my bluff! :rolleyes:

Soldato
Seems 1gb is now available to me in Brum but confirmed with a rep that it's a minimum 18-month term and they won't budge.

Not prepared to commit for that long right now as want to wait and see what happens with FTTP.

Soldato
Seeing this thread has just reminded me of the yearly anguish of having to contact them and threaten to cancel unless they can match the previous years monthly payment, really hate phoning Virgin Media life is too short to be stuck on the phone waiting to speak to someone

Back
Top Bottom