1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by ChrisD., Sep 23, 2008.

1. Edrof

Capodecina

Right, I understand now! Thanks for the information and your patience. :)

2. Relentless81

Sgarrista

Hi,

Does the SH3 do any kind of QOS? Is there anyway to prioritise traffic from my desktop at all?

3. Relentless81

Sgarrista

Just to quote myself and expand on this in an effort to decide on whether or not I want a new router, have all the chip set issues been resolved or are there still issues?

4. Steampunk

Soldato

If you're talking about the issues with the SH3 Puma 6 chipset issues, they have been mitigated to the point where I doubt you will see them. New firmware basically offloads the things that cause the issue onto the atom co-processor. So not really fixed, but certainly worked around.

5. Relentless81

Sgarrista

Ok thanks, I'm having some issues at the moment and I'm trying to decide on upgrading the router or just cabling, think I'm just going to cable

6. edGfaCTor

Wise Guy

Untrue regarding not allowing two superhubs.

How do I know this I have two.

What they shouldn't do is run two on the one feed coming into the home but this is something that is still done when it shouldn't they tried to get away with this at mine.

7. mmj_uk

Capodecina

If the cable that was connected to your TIVO is still live (not disconnected at the splitter outside) you could just move your modem there, if in the future you get TIVO again use a splitter and the spare cable from where your modem was.

8. Edrof

Capodecina

Thank you. Sadly, the hub is in another room and it sort of makes more sense there.

9. bremen1874

Capodecina

So your options are:
    • Run an Ethernet cable from the hub to the TV
    • Use Powerline adapters
    • Use wireless

10. Clov!s

Capodecina

Anyone know how much if any Virgin charge to move the entry point from one location to another?

At the moment the virgin line comes into the house under the living room window and into the corner of the room, I’d like it moved to a cupboard I have in another room which will give me easier access to feed cables to other rooms.

Haven’t got the keys to my new house yet but it’ll be one of the first things I change when I get virgin installed this weekend.

11. Mariusz

Wise Guy

Contract is up next month, currently got VIP TV, phone and 350Mb broadband, rang this morning to cancel and best they offered at the time was £57 for phone and 350Mb broadband no TV. Broadband speed has been all over for a while, tempted to go back to an openreach fibre provider get the payment under £30 a month.

12. izzop

Wise Guy

Hi,

Possibly not directly a VM problem, but nothing has been changed by me regarding my router.

When accessing Paddy Power https://www.paddypower.com/bet I see 'Http/1.1 Service Unavailable' at the top of the page, even though the rest of the page appears to load correctly. This however isn't the case, because when I try to place a bet and login the page returned is 'Http/1.1 Service Unavailable'

[​IMG]

As I said, I've changed nothing and have just rebooted the Superhub and cleared the cookies again but to no avail :confused:

Does anyone have any ideas as to the possible cause and how to fix/resolve this? First noticed the the problem starting yesterday afternoon, was definitely fine in the morning.

Note: I can place bets and have full Paddy Power access via my phone using my data connection.

13. ChrisD.

Capodecina

Try another browser or using an incognito window.

14. Pyr0m@nI@]{

Hitman

tried google or cloudflare DNS's ?

15. izzop

Wise Guy

Thanks both... Incongnito Window works on my PC, using Vivaldi. Similar so does Explorer 11 after having tried it?

Any idea what would cause that to just start happening?

16. izzop

Wise Guy

Baffled...

Now full working without the need of the Incognito Window.

17. Duke

Man of Honour

If they are coming out to do the install they will install it in whichever room you want (within reason).

18. Clov!s

Capodecina

It’s already been installed in one position from the previous occupants and I’d like it moved to the other side of the house, shouldn’t be a problem really?

19. Duke

Man of Honour

Yeah should be fine. There will be a small box attached to the outside of the property and they will just run a new cable from that, around the outside wall and into the room you want it in.

Is there a modem or TV box left by the previous owner? If so, I would disconnect them and leave them in a pile elsewhere.

20. xb8browney

Soldato

Am I just imagining it or has upload speeds increased?

410 down 33up