1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by ChrisD., Sep 23, 2008.

1. Nocky24

Mobster

Anyone having issues with their TV service at the moment since around 20:48 tonight? Can't even call 150, get a line is busy tone or it just ends the call.

Looks like down detector has seen an influx of issues. Oh dear....

2. Cromulent

Mobster

Is anyone else having internet problems with Virgin Media (Business) at the moment? I keep getting errors being displayed on websites which I know are up and working. I'm not using a VPN either at the moment.

3. Besty

Mobster

I signed up yesterday for a July activation, I think it’s a good deal considering BT with no telly package is £60 pm inc vat and I get 56mbit.

Will be running in SH modem Mode with an dual ac68u setup with the second ac68 wired into my pc.

4. NUTTER123

Associate

Ah I'm now on the V.VIP (Will need to phone them tomorrow though as only realised i've got the wrong remote for the V6 Box) but I won't say no to these rather nice speeds

[​IMG]

5. Etheco

Hitman

I got in touch them about about M500, but it's forced into a huge package inc a Sim which is pointless for me :( no point paying +£30 for things I won't use lol.

6. robfosters

Caporegime

Contracts up soon, anyone had any good renewal deals lately? Just got 350 broadband.

7. xb8browney

Soldato

I'm paying £39 for that but I'm sure I've seen people on here paying less.

8. Mariusz

Wise Guy

Best they offered me for Vivid 350 was £49 a month, speed had been up and down for months so left.

9. Nevakonaza

Mobster

Noticed last week just by off chance of running a speed test they've upped my speed from 240 to 360 (i get nearly 390) and only just today recieved a letter telling my of such "free" upgrade.
    Problem is we just know give it a few weeks they will put the bill up AGAIN. :D
    But to be fair VM has been reliable for me.

10. Avalon

Mobster

VM (like many other ISP’s) usually reviews prices annually and increases tend to be minimal, what isn’t minimal is when you go from new customer/incentive pricing to retail. What does tend to be different to other ISP’s is they’ve consistently upgraded speeds, so you get more on the broadband side.

11. jrwagh333

Mobster

I have VM broadband and TV.

The Broadband cable comes in on the second floor of our house and into a VM box.

The TV comes in on the ground floor.

I want to move the router downstairs and was wondering if I could get a splitter so to both use the box that comes in on the ground floor

12. BigBoy

Soldato

Yes absolutely nothing wrong in doing this.

13. Scope

Hitman

Whats the latest on Virgin and their upload speeds? Im on the 350 package and normally get 20mb up, but last night I kept getting 30mb.. Is it increasing from 20 to 30?

14. jrwagh333

Mobster

Cheers mate

Any advice on the splitter to get? Complete novice when it comes to fiber and cable

15. Clov!s

Capodecina

Yes, 350/35. :)

16. BigBoy

Soldato

17. labcoattech

Hitman

It looks like the upload speed for the 200 package remains at 12Mbps.

18. ubiquity

Gangster

V.VIP now renamed to 'Ultimate Oomph' (yes, really).

Tempted to ring them up and try to change from my 350 package, but its always a ballache as an existing customer.

Other option is to cancel my current arrangement, which is under my wife's name (12 month contract ends in August), and sign up again as a new customer to get topcashback...

19. brendy

Wise Guy

Which is crap, bt give a faster upload with their 70mb service. Virgin need to sort themselves out. I downgraded from 350 and was told I'd stay at 22 up, should have read the reviews first instead of after.

20. lltfdaniel

Wise Guy

Hate to say this but in a way i do regret leaving virgin media,

i had the super fibre 70 service with 5 mbps upload,

I always had a rock solid 70 mbps download but the ping time was a let down though i must admit maybe it was the superhub 3.

Anyways with me on zen i get a solid 30-40 mbps download, i'm on the 80/20 service.

But the ping time on zen is alot better i get like 10-20ms ping times to uk servers but on virgin i got like 40-50 ms ping time.

Dan.