virgin money scam?

Suspended
Hi all,

The g/f has a virgin credit card and this morning she had a wierd phone call before she went to work. It was an automated phone call and the computer voice said it was from Virgin money, it asked if she was 'her name' and if she was to press a number. She quite rightly put the phone down on it.

We both went out, just come back to find two messages on 1571 which are very short but consist of a computer asking you to press a number.

Any ideas whats going on?

thanks

Associate
The best thing to do would be to ring Virgin Money, and ask them if they tried to contact you/her and see what they wanted.

Soldato
addy_010 said:
i dont know whats going on but in my opinion if you're ever rang by a famous company, hang up. if virgin need to contact you they can write a letter

Very stupid advice. If there is suspected fraud on your account, the bank will try to contact you by phone first. If you are suspicious, ask for a traceable number to call back on, but don't be a prat and demand they send a letter.

Soldato
addy_010 said:
i dont know whats going on but in my opinion if you're ever rang by a famous company, hang up. if virgin need to contact you they can write a letter

Poor advice :rolleyes: What happens if they need to contact you urgently regarding suspected fraudulent transaction? Wait 2 weeks for a letter? Just make sure you give as few personal details as you can, 2 letters from your password etc.

Soldato
Then the problem is down to virgin not educating people that this is how they may check transactions. No wonder people are so suspicious.

Suspended
OP
Adam said:
Then the problem is down to virgin not educating people that this is how they may check transactions. No wonder people are so suspicious.

Best bit is the bloke she spoke to says that she was wise to call back and they actually prefer people to do that than use the machine :D

Perhaps it costs them to much!

Back
Top Bottom