Visa for Austrailia

Soldato
Hi, I'm travelling to Austrailia in the summer for a few weeks and wondered if anyone has been recently and could tell me what the situation is with visas, theres two different types that I can see, evisitor visa and a eta visa, the first being free and the eta £20

I've completed and submitted the evisitor visa and have had a granted application email back, it just seemed too fast and simple and worried i've missed something lol, would hate to get there to be turned back, will phone them back up tomorrow but just thought theres bound to be someone here who's been as a visitor recently?

Soldato
OP
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-finder/visit

Subclass 651
eVisitor
Visit Australia as often as you wish in a 12-month period. Stay up to 3 months each time you enter Australia.
  • This visa is free
  • We process most applications for this visa in less than a day
  • You must apply from outside Australia
  • If you want to stay for more than 3 months consider a different visa, such as the Visitor visa (subclass 600)

Stay
Up to 3 months at a time

Cost
Free
Processing Time
The visa starts on the day it is granted.

We process 90% of applications in 1 day

Hopefully ok :)

Soldato
Considering there are over a million british born residence people currently living in Oz I find you guys having to apply for a "visa" for a holiday is completely moronic!

Very ignorant statement mate. Brits have had it so easy for so long, while the rest of the world need visas to go on holidays abroad. As malachi said above, there's a possibility that you're going to have to get a Schengen visa every tim you go to Europe after the UK exits the EU.

Where in AU are you off to Bradmax?

Caporegime
Considering there are over a million british born residence people currently living in Oz I find you guys having to apply for a "visa" for a holiday is completely moronic!

After Brexit the same will happen when Brits want to cross the channel

Caporegime
Very ignorant statement mate. Brits have had it so easy for so long, while the rest of the world need visas to go on holidays abroad. As malachi said above, there's a possibility that you're going to have to get a Schengen visa every tim you go to Europe after the UK exits the EU.

Where in AU are you off to Bradmax?

The Shengen Visa is now up to 80eur

Soldato

I think the issue is around over-staying. If you go in on a tourist visa and then start living there or earning a salary, you've automatically broken the law and they can kick you out without having to go through a whole load of legal due process. Those million British born residents could also be trying to import loads of aged relatives to sponge off their welfare state and health services (does Oz have an equivalent of the Daily Mail ?)

Back
Top Bottom