vista and ign download manager

Caporegime
Runnig the 64 bit version of vista while using the 32 it ie7. Anyone else having trouble with the ign download manager from fileplanet? It installs fine, though anytime i click a file to download it never shows up in the download manager queueing system, which means i usually have to uninstall it and download manually which is ass slow. :(

Soldato
It won't because you are in a secured 'sandbox' mode in IE. Its called Protected Mode. I found the only way to make the IGN downloader work was to disable the protected mode... Which unfortunately kinda defeats the purpose of it! This was in Vista x86 by the way.

Soldato
Right I've managed to get it to work without disabling Protected mode myself. Add www.fileplanet.com and https://login.fileplanet.com to your trusted sites and it will work properly. IE 7 will have a slight heart attack to start with but eventually you will end up with a new ie window (not tab) that is unprotected and allows you to add files to the download manager... Hopefully fileplanet won't have dodgy files as that is the way in to IE mainly, if its unprotected and not in its sandbox mode

Back
Top Bottom