Vista Home Premium Retail x64 for a small fee??

Soldato
burnsy2023 said:
Are you sure about that? I thought the retail versions are different, but the DVD contains the image of all the versions (i.e. HP, business etc)

Burnsy

maybe im wrong on that..

but i know the oem and retail disks contains the image of all the versions...

Last edited:
Soldato
burnsy2023 said:
Are you sure about that? I thought the retail versions are different, but the DVD contains the image of all the versions (i.e. HP, business etc)

Burnsy
AFAIK, they're all the same but the big OEMs (Dell, HP etc) do have an additional file on the disc in the form of the xrm-ms license files for their on-chip SLIC licensing (requiring no activation).

(on another note, it's this fact that's been exploited to render activation/wga useless by the pirates - ooo arrrr :p)

Associate
burnsy2023 said:

Burnsy
oem and retail disks all have all of the same bits version. theres probably 1 file on the disk which decides what keys it takes, like in windows xp and 2k atleast there was setupp.ini i think it was, and in 2k that could even make it require no key at all, in xp just changes it between oem and retail keys. 32bit dvd contains all the 32bit versions, 64bit dvd contains all the 64bit versions. ultimate retail comes with both dvd's - all the others come with just the 32 bit dvd and you have to pay extra to order the 64bit off microsoft. (talking about retail ones, oem usually gives the choice for 32 bit or 64bit)

Last edited:
Soldato
ants83 said:
is there a link i have 32 bit i want 64 oem can any one post it up?
The name of the disc is en_windows_vista_x64_dvd_X12-40712.iso - I suggest you try google. Anything posting of links is pushing it.

Soldato
ants83 said:
can i not use my other vista cd to install vista 64bit on my laptop?would the key from 32 bit on my work on 64 bit?
Keys are independent of 32/64-bit versions. Providing the disc you're using is a 64-bit disc, it will work on your laptop.

Soldato
ants83 said:
can i not use my other vista cd to install vista 64bit on my laptop?would the key from 32 bit on my work on 64 bit?

yes u can but if your already using the key on another pc then no..

also if its oem license then no....because its only for one computer

Last edited:
Soldato
mctiny said:
So to get the DVD you have to be a MSDN subscriber ? :confused:
To be able to download the DVD from an official MS site, you need to be an MSDN subscriber. Else you get it by paying the £7 for a DVD to be sent.

Soldato
csmager said:
To be able to download the DVD from an official MS site, you need to be an MSDN subscriber. Else you get it by paying the £7 for a DVD to be sent.

I want the DVd sent to me but I live in Brasil now so paying 7 pound is ok but they won't ship it to me here.

Back
Top Bottom