Vista Home Premium Retail x64 for a small fee??

Soldato
Im looking to buy Vista Home Premium Retail to upgrade my main computer but I can only find the 32bit versions. I read on the MS website that if I purchase the 32bit version I can upgrade to 64bit "for a small fee" Does any know how much this small fee is?

Soldato
OP
They send you a new CD then. I thought they would emailed you a new CD key and it would install off the disk. How long did it take to arrive?

Associate
If I sent away for the 64bit version it would'nt affect me still using the 32bit version would it ?

I could just keep the 64bit version until I needed it and use the 32bit in the mean time ?

Soldato
Can you still not download the ISO?

What are the legalities of "downloading" it from a torrent instead of paying the £8? Surely you're licensed, so it doesn't matter where it comes from right?

Man of Honour
Tute said:
Can you still not download the ISO?

What are the legalities of "downloading" it from a torrent instead of paying the £8? Surely you're licensed, so it doesn't matter where it comes from right?

Your not allowed to rent, loan or otherwise distribute the software, so you can download, but not upload it.

Burnsy

Soldato
Tute said:
So downloading it is allowed? But not uploading it?

That's very sketchy ground. Distributing it is illegal. Your license probably also gives you the right to use the copy on the enclosed media, not to download and use a copy from the internet. Downloading it involves creating a copy of your own, which is probably also against the license. Obviously of course I'm sure you're also aware that bittorrent and lots of other P2P methods involve uploading as well as downloading.

Plus, I never trust that if I download software it won't have been messed up in some way or another.

Man of Honour
PinkPig said:
That's very sketchy ground. Distributing it is illegal. Your license probably also gives you the right to use the copy on the enclosed media, not to download and use a copy from the internet. Downloading it involves creating a copy of your own, which is probably also against the license. Obviously of course I'm sure you're also aware that bittorrent and lots of other P2P methods involve uploading as well as downloading.

Plus, I never trust that if I download software it won't have been messed up in some way or another.

The above points are not restricted by Microsoft, the only restrictions are as posted above. I do, however, share the sentiment of never trusting an image off the net.

Burnsy

Back
Top Bottom