vista on a ipod touch ? I don't think so

AMG

AMG

Soldato
hello guys
Not sure if this is in the right place but hay apple hardware seems about right.

Anyway too point, which I need a nice answer to put it to rest, that is vista can not be install and run by a apple ipod touch. because
A. its not powerful enough don't even meet the min requirements
B. if you can you would ruin the ipod I mean surly it would lose its functionality

So debaits starts, I think it can't but I need a lot more prove to shut the people up, cos they think they can...obviously a poor knowledge of vista and hardware in general, hell you can't even but vista on a PS3 need alone a XBOX, or rather I don't know anyone that would tbh, heard them run other OS.. but vista on a handheld gadget is a bit too much for me to believe, considering how much it takes to run it..

If yes it can my next question would be why? its a stupid idea, I seen a sony P laptop with vista with only a 1.3Ghz atom and it struggles like hell.

thank you for all your replys and I think there will be some flaming going on but I just want a straight nice answer to shut these people up, it might be possible in the near future but good god why.

Last edited:
Associate
Um, no.

1. As already stated, the iPod touch/iPhone is an ARM processor. Windows only runs on x86, x64 and ia64. It's a completely different processor architecture.
  2. The only way to get it to run on ARM would be through emulation. However...
  3. ...emulation slows things down hugely. And considering that even if Windows was natively compiled for ARM it would be a slideshow in speed, emulation isn't remotely feasible.
In short, no way in hell.

Rwac said:
Could you RDP to a machine with Vista?:)

Yup, but then you wouldn't be running it on the iPod touch, would you. :)

AMG

AMG

Soldato
OP
even if emulating, it would be slow, only way is log me in, but again can you get the app for that?

yeah I through it couldn't without looking at the type of cpu it has, its just not powerful enough, now its time to try and explain it to them -_-

Soldato
You can get VNC for iPhone/ipod touch and view the desktop of a vista machine, but that's the only way you'll ever use a vista desktop from one.

AMG

AMG

Soldato
OP
that VNC can you actually use it? or just to like you say view the desktop only? ethoir way I think that they have got the normal OS muddled up with vista, and it looks nothing like vista, but still I have to try and tell them that :|

than give them a reason for why it can't to their level, lmao

I m not a Mac user so I m not familiar with the apps for touch/iphone

Back
Top Bottom