Vista, Still Unsure Which Version To Go For

Associate
Hi guys,

I've been looking over the various versions of vista for the past week or so, and I have to say, I'm stumped.

It's obviously between Home Premium and Ultimate editions, but I just can't work out which one I'd be better served by. I'm certainly getting Vista next month as after a fair bit of digging it seems all my hardware and any software I actually use is compatible so there is nothing holding me back.

So, those of you already running vista, are the extras included in Ultimate really that useful, and do they really justify the extra cash. I know it's rather subjective, but at least knowing how useful you guys have found Bitlocker and the enhanced backup software. And are Ultimate extras really worth having.

At the moment I have to say I'm leaning toward Home Premium, but what I don't want is to buy it and then find myself wishing I'd gone for the Ultimate Edition a few weeks later. So to that end, have any of you running Home Premium found yourselves thinking any of the features in Ultimate would have been useful at any time.

I realise it's a bit of a pain of a question, and everyone (myself included) has been asking no end of vista related questions recently. But any answers/advice you could give me would be great.

Thanks in advance

Ed

Associate
yeh i was thinking of getting the home premium retail after looking at the ultimate version! ...your paying over the odds though for stuff you can download as freeware and stuff

Associate
OP
chrislusty said:
HP will probably be the best, do you need to add your PC to a domain?

Nope, certainly won't need to do that. Given that I'm not really all that sure what it means :rolleyes: .

Well, looks like HP it is then. Means I can get another HDD to set up a RAID 0 as well. Woo hooo, more speed.

Cheers guys, much appreceiated.

Back
Top Bottom