Vodafone fibre and Asus ac68u router?

Associate
Hi

Is anyone running Vodafone fibre and using an Asus router succssfully? I am due to switch from sky in 10 days time and currently use an openreach modem and ac68u router. I got it working via the wireshark trick. I know Vodafone now give out your username and password so that should be ok. I'll be ok keeping the openreach modem won't I? And just putting in my pppoe details in to the router?

Cheers

Associate
Not on Vodafone but your setup should work fine, no reason why it shouldn't now that Vodafone give out the details you need to login. I'm using a separate modem and router with Plusnet and it works great.

Associate
OP
I'll let you know how I get on thebandit. The switch over doesn't happen until the 29th January so a little while to wait yet.

Associate
FTTC is FTTC no matter who your isp happens to be, only problem I had was the Vodafone supplied router kept reconnecting every couple of hours which kicked in DLM. Once I'd got my login/password from Voda & began using my own kit it took 6 weeks to get G.Inp re-enabled.
Be aware the BT modem and the Asus router both use the same ip 192.168.1.1 by default so if your modem is unlocked and want to monitor stats you'll need to change the default ip on one of the devices. I changed the modem to 192.168.1.2 on my own setup.

Associate
OP
Thanks Ron

Line got activated yesterday and a quick chat with vodafone got me the username and password. I've set it up with my original equipment and it's working well. A small hiccup with my VPN but I'm gonna do some testing tonight.

I might look at unlocking the modem as it's currently in its default state.

Cheers

Soldato
What is the Vodafone supplied router for their 76Mb service? I've been trying to find out whether I can set it to use Google DNS servers instead of the default before I switch service.

Back
Top Bottom