Vodafone Gigafast

Associate
Thanks for the tracert. I was hoping the faster connections may have routed differently then it would have been worth me changing to one.

Associate
I'm currently with Virgin, 200mb. Had next to no issue with the speed I just can't stand their customer support and the way the gave taken advantage for so many years since they have dominated the market. I really can't wait for the day I can tell them to make sweet love to themselves.

I had City Fiber install all the cabling down my road last year, still waiting for Vodafone to contact me :/

Associate
Hopefully this becomes available where I live. I've currently got Fibrus(Northern Irish ISP) and they give me 300mb but it spikes badly at peak times. I've recently got an option for BT but for an extra £10 a month it only gets me 100mb. Vodafone's prices seem reasonable.

Associate
Vodafone currently have a sale on the Cityfibre products.
I was on the Ultrast Pro Xtra package at 100Mb for £47
The 200Mb option is now £48 thats a no brainer to swap to.
But I could not resist the 500Mb option for £6 more than my current 100mb

Soldato
Recently setup SmokePing, and these are the results pinging "fastly.com" for anyone curious on reliablity.

nQygHx7.png

Associate
Old thread but,

I will be going with 500/500 package with unlimited telephone to mobile and 01 02 03 numbers for 43 a month for 2 years with no price rises while in contract,

This package really below,

voda.png

I will report my experiences,

Dan

Last edited:
Soldato
Old thread but,

I will be going with 500/500 package with unlimited telephone to mobile and 01 02 03 numbers for 43 a month for 2 years with no price rises while in contract,

This package really below,

I will report my experiences,

Dan

After seeing these prices I thought I would check.

I can get the following packages

35 Mbps
Average download speed
Up to 9Mbps upload speed

Speed information

Simultaneous streaming1

4.5GB download18 min

Upload 250MB photos4 min

Simultaneous streaming1

4.5GB download18 min

Upload 250MB photos4 min

Superfast 1 from £19.50 a month

Or

63 Mbps
Average download speed
Up to 18Mbps upload speed

Speed information

Simultaneous streaming2

4.5GB download10 min

Upload 250MB photos2 min

Superfast 2 from £21.50 a month

Seems like I am doomed to be stuck with Virgin Media and paying £43 a month for 100mb.

Associate
After seeing these prices I thought I would check.

Seems like I am doomed to be stuck with Virgin Media and paying £43 a month for 100mb.

Well i have ordered the package, router will be here in a few days and around september time they will connect my house to the cityfibre/vodafone network.

Doomed maybe i mean i can get virgin media here as well as city fibre/vodafone and bog standard vdsl fttc,

Always look on the bright side you may not be doomed but time will tell because ftth is being rolled out anyways across the uk by different players.

Dan.

Associate
Offered 500/70 for £35 here.

Currently paying Giganet £35 for 200/30.

Don’t like the 2 year contracts or the threat of price rises though.

Does anyone know if Vodafone are giving out the latest revision of the Apple TV 4K with their Pro packages? @lltfdaniel Let us know please.

Giganet do a 900mbit service for £49, but I can’t justify it.. my water bill is £30 a month and gas/electric is £43. I can’t spend more on internet than my other utilities. I have no need for mega fast internet just for the PS5.

Associate

Does anyone know if Vodafone are giving out the latest revision of the Apple TV 4K with their Pro packages? @lltfdaniel Let us know please.

Giganet do a 900mbit service for £49, but I can’t justify it.. my water bill is £30 a month and gas/electric is £43. I can’t spend more on internet than my other utilities. I have no need for mega fast internet just for the PS5.

Yes i'll see what i can do.

Last edited:
Soldato
they got the special offers back on, so 500meg for 35quid etc.
as for the price rises they can only rise by that standard rpi thingy that phone people etc do so usually couple of percent. if they try to slap 10 quid extra a month 3 months after you joined you can lash them hard.

Soldato
they got the special offers back on, so 500meg for 35quid etc.
as for the price rises they can only rise by that standard rpi thingy that phone people etc do so usually couple of percent. if they try to slap 10 quid extra a month 3 months after you joined you can lash them hard.

Except if inflation goes nuts and impacts the RPI, in which case they have every right to and you’re SOL.

Soldato
Is that likely to happen?

Evaluating economic probability in a post COVID/Brexit world is a little different to 2 years ago. If you mean will inflation (that’s already exceeding the target 2%) continue to rise in an economy dependant on imports, where international shipping costs for a container from China are currently 10x higher than they were 2 years ago, domestic distribution/fuel/manufacturing is costing significantly more and we have a shortage of labour for transport with booming house prices (up 11% in 12 months) that are still surging despite the reduction in stamp duty relief? Yes that’s very likely to be a thing for a few years - a sudden slump would mean negative equity in the housing market and all those people dropping to SVR if interest rates are increased creates another potential issue, but it will take a little while to work it’s way through the system and we were promised an end to boom and bust, so obviously it’ll never happen.

Several providers use RPI or similar + a set %, it would take a lot to be £10 on a £35 spend (28% ish) in a single year as per your example, but increases in inflation combined with that fixed percentage and the cumulative compounding effect year on year will lead to bigger and bigger jumps. You also have more and more competition as other providers build overlap and mergers/acquisitions happen or providers move to a select access/wholesale model.

Associate

Well i opened up the vodafone box with everything i need,

Anyways this is what came with the stuff vodafone posted..

An actual apple tv 4k box, along with the free subscription,

Jpeg.jpg

Anyways sorry for the upside down image.

Also a usb 4g backup with a sim card included, that works as i tested it on laptop so that goes into the vodafone main hub and also 1 wifi booster device.

Actual telephone connects to the hub which is then connected to city fibre.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom