** VORTEX UP THE ANTE WITH THE 60% "POK3R" KEYBOARD **

OcUK Staff
Hi guys,

Landing today - I really like this keyboard... I really, really like this keyboard.

The Vortexgear POK3R is the perfect solution for limited space it 60% layout offers a small footprint with all the functionality of a full size keyboard. Using genuine Cherry MX RGB switches and PBT backlit keycaps. Supports a FN layer and three fully PN programmable layers to suit all your customisation requirements. You can switch to different layouts, such as Qwerty; Dvorak; Colemak via the dip switches.

Available in several flavours of switch to suit your needs, go check out some reviews and then come back and click the links below to purchase :)

Vortex POK3R 60 Mechanical Keyboard, Cherry MX Brown Switch, RGB Backlight - UK Layout @ £149.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/vort...switch-rgb-backlight-uk-layout-kb-002-vt.html

60% Form Factor, Cherry MX RGB Switches, PBT Keycaps, 1000 Mhz Polling, Metal bezel

Only £149.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Vortex POK3R 60 Mechanical Keyboard, Cherry MX Red Switch, RGB Backlight - UK Layout @ £149.99 inc VAT

Only £149.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Vortex POK3R 60 Mechanical Keyboard, Cherry MX Black Switch, RGB Backlight - UK Layout @ £149.99 inc VAT

Only £149.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Vortex POK3R 60 Mechanical Keyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switch, RGB Backlight - UK Layout @ £149.99 inc VAT

Only £149.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Vortex POK3R 60 Mechanical Keyboard, Cherry MX Nature White Switch, RGB Backlight - UK Layout @ £149.99 inc VAT

Only £149.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

RGB ALL THE THINGS

Soldato
It's a Pok3r, that's how much they are and that's a good price.

Why ?

All I see is a much smaller keyboard costing more which doesnt seem any better than a cheaper Corsair one ? If it had a numeric keyboard and small footprint it would be ideal for my limited desk space but not at £150. Oh I get it its more expensive because of the "3" in Pok3r :) geez i`m getting old.

Last edited:
Associate
Why ?

All I see is a much smaller keyboard costing more which doesnt seem any better than a cheaper Corsair one ? If it had a numeric keyboard and small footprint it would be ideal for my limited desk space but not at £150. Oh I get it its more expensive because of the "3" in Pok3r :) geez i`m getting old.

At the 3 in Pok3r I spit coffee on my monitor hehe nice one.

Soldato
Vortex are a huge name in the world of mech keyboards - Much bigger than Corsair, gaming enthusiasts and keyboard enthusiasts are two different people so if you wish to buy a Corsair keeb go for it, your money - But the UK really could use people pushing mechanical keyboard sales for mechanical keyboard enthusiasts, I say good to OcUK for doing so.

Oh and one of the biggest things about why they have the price tag they do is build quality, remember all those issues Corsair had? Yeah...

Take a look here. I can see this being very popular for OcUK - I just want my ANSI :(

Last edited by a moderator:
OcUK Staff
OP
Vortex are a huge name in the world of mech keyboards - Much bigger than Corsair, gaming enthusiasts and keyboard enthusiasts are two different people so if you wish to buy a Corsair keeb go for it, your money - But the UK really could use people pushing mechanical keyboard sales for mechanical keyboard enthusiasts, I say good to OcUK for doing so.

Oh and one of the biggest things about why they have the price tag they do is build quality, remember all those issues Corsair had? Yeah...

Take a look here. I can see this being very popular for OcUK - I just want my ANSI :(

Now if I could get hold of HHKB at a decent price..... Until then this excellent POK3R will have to do :)

Associate
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2015/11/11/cherry-mx-rgb-nature-white/1

"Continuing Cherry's colour-themed product differentiation scheme, the MX RGB Nature White is designed to offer a linear experience without a noticeable pressure point and with a trigger force of around 55 grams. This places the new switch somewhere between the MX Black, one of the company's oldest designs offering a 60g trigger force, and the popular gaming switch Cherry MX Red, with a 45g trigger force. Naturally, the use of a Black or Red style linear design means there's no loud click nor tactile feedback from the switch, unless the heavy-handed typist bottoms out."

For the rest of them:

http://www.keyboardco.com/blog/index.php/2012/12/an-introduction-to-cherry-mx-mechanical-switches/

TBH I have never used a gamer focused Mech keyboard but I use a filco majestouch 2 tkl at home with Cherry Blues and a Pok3r with Cherry Clears at work.

Both are bombproof keyboards I could kill someone with and continue happily typing away on.
My preference in keys is the blues but they are probably a bit loud for work so the clears were a compromise there as I don't like o-rings.

My non RGB Pok3r was circa £95 so if you want this without RGB it is available, would have got the RGB but it took ages to come out and tbh I dont really need it at work :D

Associate
I disagree - How else can you show the peasants their lives are worthless without RGB's signalling their inferiority?

OK.... I was impatient and couldn't wait for the RGB :D
Have had mine some time.

Appears with the latest firmware and some LEDs and patience I can turn mine into a RGB version! hmmm tempting

Soldato
Now if I could get hold of HHKB at a decent price..... Until then this excellent POK3R will have to do :)

Ohhh yes! But honestly please try to stock some ANSI boards, even if it's a couple to test the waters - I refuse to pay ££ extra on keycap sets purely for an ugly enter key and many others prefer ANSI too :(

I'm still considering one of these for work but when I price up base + iso + specials it gets £££

Associate
Ohhhhhhhhh OCUK are stocking these :D

Currently using a pok2r with brown switches and green leds which i put in a aluminum case,amazing board!

Still very tempted to grab one of these tho,been a long time waiting for them to become available,no clear switches?

OcUK Staff
OP
Ohhhhhhhhh OCUK are stocking these :D

Currently using a pok2r with brown switches and green leds which i put in a aluminum case,amazing board!

Still very tempted to grab one of these tho,been a long time waiting for them to become available,no clear switches?

No other switches available at the moment. Keep watching this space though.

Back
Top Bottom