VR mods for older games including No One Lives Forever 2!

Permabanned
Very nice thread for VR mods on the Oculus reddit -
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/7ixfm0/list_of_vr_mods/
I tried to find a list of VR mods/tweaks for games and software but only found fragments so I made a list here. I've only played some of these game so some might not work. Some are full VR and some are just virtual desktop type stuff. Let me know if there's anything I've missed.

Games that natively support VR (i.e. stuff you might already have that supports VR. Just listed the stuff I had in my library I didn't explicitly buy for VR)

Dirt Rally

Elite Dangerous

Legend of Dungeon

Minecraft (windows 10 edition)

Payday 2 *opt in beta

Project Cars

Race the Sun

Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion: HD Renovation

VR Mods for games

Alien Isolation

Doom 1 (gz3doom) *Should work with any doom engine game like Doom 2, Heretic, Hexen, strife, or brutal doom.

Doom 3 BFG Edition

Duke Nukem 3D

Dying Light

GTA V *This one needs VorpX

Half Life 1

Jedi Academy

Jedi Outcast

Minecraft Java

Morrowind (morrowrift)

No one lives forever 2

Penumbra *The dev seems to have stopped supporting it and deleted the release versions,so if anyone knows an alternative or how to get this working please share.

Quake 1 (Quakespasm) *also works with custom made quake maps

Quake 2

Richard Burns Rally

Yooka Laylee

Emulators

Decaf (wii U) Very alpha project that hasn't been updated since April Though it is open source if someone wants to fork it

DolphinVR (Gamecube/Wii)

PCSX2(PS2) * Outputs in SBS mode so you'd need something like virtual desktops. Although there might be better solutions.

PPSSPPVR (PSP)

Other VR Software

Google Earth

Illusion Plugin Architecture (unity code injector)

Vorpx

VRGIN(VR Injection framework for unity games)
https://github.com/Eusth/VRGIN

Associate
I've installed VorpX and I'm unsure of how I feel about it.

I think it's gonna take a LOT of tweaking to get games working well with it. I could really get Alien Isolation to play well but that said I haven't had much time to tinker

Soldato
The best two VR mods I've played are Doom 3 BFG, and Vivecraft for minecraft, as these feature proper use of the touch controllers/vive wands, and offer various locomotion options. Alien Isolation gets an honorable mention, but it's a) restricted to game pad, b) has some UI issues (though these are better in the latest version) and c) is too scary :)

Soldato
I've installed VorpX and I'm unsure of how I feel about it.

I think it's gonna take a LOT of tweaking to get games working well with it. I could really get Alien Isolation to play well but that said I haven't had much time to tinker

VorpX isn't that great. You should try using the Mother mod for Alien Isolation. Much better than playing it in VorpX and no tinkering to do at all.

Back
Top Bottom