• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** VTX3D R9 290 PRE-FLASHED TO R9 290X & VOLTAGE UNLOCKED!! **

OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo, you are on fire tonight. First the 4820K offer, now this!!!!!

And after ordering a 780 and having clear conciousness :(

So at the same money, a 780OC or a 290pro->290X + custom cooler. hmmmmm

Thanks. :D
Remember last night we launched several AMD R9 270, 280 and 290's which include BF4 too and some silver award as well, things our competitors don't do. :)

Soldato
Gibbo,

Sorry, another question (I'm only asking because I'm tempted, not trying to catch you out).
I know this BIOS isn't quite the same as overclocking the card, but the GPU and RAM speeds are faster than the card's default right?
So is there any sign of the problem mentioned in this thread with the cards once flashed?

OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo,

Sorry, another question (I'm only asking because I'm tempted, not trying to catch you out).
I know this BIOS isn't quite the same as overclocking the card, but the GPU and RAM speeds are faster than the card's default right?
So is there any sign of the problem mentioned in this thread with the cards once flashed?

Not seen any such issues.
Black screen can be caused by:-
Memory OC to high, typically when above 5600MHz, some can happily sit at 6600MHz others can't do 5600MHz.
Poor quality PSU.
Set power to +50 to try prevent it
Drivers & compatibility issues

In our test the only time we get black screen is with too high a ram clock, as our PSU and OS / drivers are ok and we set +50 power.

Some games it can happen stock speeds this is down typically too system compatibilty and drivers, hence why for some drivers fix it, the cure is reduce ram overclock or wait for new driver.

On PSU run the card of two separate rails, to give it more constant / steady juice. ;)

Soldato
I had a vtx3d 7950 that needed to have its memory under clocked to run properly. I then had a pcs 7950 that barely did +50mhz on the memory. I'll never buy another tul card again, complete junk.

Soldato
Great to see ocuk offering this sort of thing

This is what you are all about harking back to days of old.

Kudos gibbo now stop ruddy trying to empty my wallet lol

Soldato
I had a vtx3d 7950 that needed to have its memory under clocked to run properly. I then had a pcs 7950 that barely did +50mhz on the memory. I'll never buy another tul card again, complete junk.

The reference 290 cards aren't made by VTX3D etc., they're AMD made.

Soldato
are not powercolor and vtx the same firm/owned by the same people ? , whats wrong with xfx (never found out why people say this)
Read the following:
Both part of the TUL group, but two separate operations, just like Gainward, Palit, Galaxy and KFA2 are all part of the Palit group but all separate operations.

Powercolor - Far East for their markets.
VTX3D - For UK/European market with better RMA support.

Just like:-
Galaxy - Far East for their markets.
KFA2 - For UK/European market with superb RMA support.

So though the parent company might be the same, they are run separately.
But ain't having a rma centre and willing to properly deal with rma two different things? I mean if OcUK struggled to rma cards which they tested and found faulty, what are the chance of us mere mortals? (Especially when XFX don't deal with consumer directly and would flop you off to the reseller- which themselves struggle to get replacement cards?)

Back
Top Bottom