VW Passat R36

Ed

Ed

Soldato
that's because they're made of Papier-Mâché
Didn't think the Germans made anything out of Papier-Mâché.

Edit: Looks good but I'm sure it will be fast and average like the outgoing VXR.

76210.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
[huzeeee];11608128 said:
Granted, they wont sell like hotcakes but i bet they will sell a few. I just dont understand what i am missing here, 300bhp+4wd normally = an ok car:confused:

If it had been a bland BMW but with 300BHP and 4wd for £30k I wonder if the responses would've been the same?

Man of Honour
If it had been a bland BMW but with 300BHP and 4wd for £30k I wonder if the responses would've been the same?

Becuase of course, a BMW 3 Series for example is known to have identical levels of driver involvement and chassis properties as a VW Passat :confused:

Man of Honour
because the R is meant to be the sporty top of the range model, but that looks like a big pile of bland

Have you taken a look at the RS4/RS6, the AMG mercs or even the M5/M6 beemers yet? They are hardly in your face about their abilities...

Man of Honour
[TW]Fox;11608317 said:
Becuase of course, a BMW 3 Series for example is known to have identical levels of driver involvement and chassis properties as a VW Passat :confused:

Which is largely irrelevant because no-one here has driven one yet. It could be among the best handling cars about, we don't know yet. The mk5 GTi and R32 aren't regarded as poor handling cars by the vast majority of people after all...

Soldato
Have you taken a look at the RS4/RS6, the AMG mercs or even the M5/M6 beemers yet? They are hardly in your face about their abilities...

i think m5s and m6s look bland, and I don't like mercs at all bar the SL55/65 AMG and SLR but as people know i'm a vag lover, especially vw, but will quite happily admit the passat looks bland whereas rs4s and rs6s are just "understated" :)

Soldato
Which is largely irrelevant because no-one here has driven one yet. It could be among the best handling cars about, we don't know yet. The mk5 GTi and R32 aren't regarded as poor handling cars by the vast majority of people after all...

^^^^
What he said. Beat me to it.

Although with 4wd I'd be willing to gamble that it'll handle just fine.

Man of Honour
its unlikey to be a revolution over a standard passat though so we can make reasonable assumptions about how it will drive.

Back
Top Bottom