Wait for AMD or this?.

Associate
I was willing to pay up to £2,500 for my next PC and I no the new AMD CPU and graphic cards are coming out in next month ish or so but the price would probably be over this and £2,500. The only thing I would add is a internet wireless adaptor card. Also AMD not even been tested by the public.

Is the base clock at 3.6ghz good enough too. I no its over clocked to 4.8ghz but was just wondering.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...-pc-intel-core-i9-9900k-4.8ghz-fs-1d3-og.html

It is classed as a 4k machine which I would be using on my 49" TV. Would it hold 60FPS at 4K?.

Soldato
that is a beast of a rig!

would most likely just ask OCUK to use Aorus Pro wifi version or Ultra version of the board. Gigabyte produced the best z390 this time aorund.

Gaming 2070 is a solid card, and has 4 yr warranty its self , but you'll have ocuk 3 yr return for the whole system .

i would personally drop to 9700k , enable MCE to auto overclock to 4.9ghz all cores if the cooler is good and grab 1tb team group ssd with 1tb hdd

x570 aorus boards vrms are slightly better then current z390 range but cant say about how ryzen 300 performs

Soldato
£3000 and all you get to show for it is a RTX 2070? Next....

price of not self building :(

I think you are going blind, normally you are on the ball. That price is no where near what it should be, it's like they forgot to alter it for the reduced RAM and NAND pricing. :(

pre-built .

and too busy in work today, and raging i've been entitled to 50% council tax reduction but never been told :( so not best of moods .
rig is a beast, pricing isnt as you say , and as above , 9700k . even ryzen 3000 wouldn't go above 8 core . (i've spilled enough beans on x570 )

evolvx is a lovely case but personally prefer the p600s

just saw 4k.... grab 6 core intel or amd and 2080ti

Last edited:
Soldato
If it's SPD you can have it back dated. :)

last year or so its been a painful transition one 1 working parent house hold and knowing nothing about playing the benefit system and such .. goal post is in site though .

but THANK YOU! just need to find a mini bus to house 3 young kids in isofix , then few rolls of duck tape to keep them there!

ODE
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £2,238.69 (includes shipping: £20.82)

op.. get OCUK to build above , add £100 for build costs with their collect warranty .

though WAIT till end of May if you can... But... you'll have to be quick on Pre-order.... prices will SOAR once pre-allocated stock is gone

again aorus x570 is slightly better then z390

Associate
OP
last year or so its been a painful transition one 1 working parent house hold and knowing nothing about playing the benefit system and such .. goal post is in site though .

but THANK YOU! just need to find a mini bus to house 3 young kids in isofix , then few rolls of duck tape to keep them there!

ODE
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £2,238.69 (includes shipping: £20.82)

op.. get OCUK to build above , add £100 for build costs with their collect warranty .

though WAIT till end of May if you can... But... you'll have to be quick on Pre-order.... prices will SOAR once pre-allocated stock is gone

again aorus x570 is slightly better then z390

Imagine if the 2080I was normal £600 ish price range. I would defo buy it but at that price and what every one said here I will wait. If I wanted to pre order a AMD system with AMD card and cpu with what you no now would amd 3700x be top?. What about new card coming out?.

Soldato
Imagine if the 2080I was normal £600 ish price range. I would defo buy it but at that price and what every one said here I will wait. If I wanted to pre order a AMD system with AMD card and cpu with what you no now would amd 3700x be top?. What about new card coming out?.

That system above is still cheaper and FAR more powerful then system you've linked..

AMD dont have plans for this year to release a card that can tackle the 2080Ti which is the first True 4k card...wanting you can whack it all high and hold 60FPS at 4k... But you pay the price for it .
Vega 7 can in some games but is hot, loud and power hungry .
Hopefully AMD chips are equal in performance but cheaper.. though 4K your in the GPU driving seat

Soldato
If you're spending that much money, surely you'd want to wait a month or two, read reviews of both Intel and AMD, and then make 100% sure that you're making the right decision?

If you're a fan of the Intel brand then go for it, but if you're unsure, please wait. That's such a lot of money.

Soldato
You're definitely not going to get 4K 60 with an RTX 2070. So either you gotta pony up for a 2080 ti, or if you don't want to spend that much on a GPU and are willing to go down in settings/framerate, then a 2070-like GPU would be the upcoming Navi GPU which would save you at least £100 compared to the 2070. Furthermore, the Zen 2 CPUs will be out and it's likely that buying that platform instead will save you at least another £100.

Personally, I'd say just wait. And definitely build your own, you'd save even more.

Associate
OP
£3000 and all you get to show for it is a RTX 2070? Next....

Where does it say its £3,000 its £2,299.99 way off £3k. Its not even £3k adding a 2080TI. But yeah will wait for next CPU and Cards to come out. For it looked good on paper but thanks for every ones input.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom