Wales Rally GB 2007

Soldato
Going to be keeping an eye on the stage results over the weekend, will be an interesting fight to see if Loeb can keep himself calm and go for the easy finish, not according to SS1 results though :D

Associate
Does anyone know how spectating works for the rally? I am getting my car serviced at Newbury tomorrow morning and am contemplating keeping on going out the M4 afterwards and watching a stage in the afternoon. I assume you can just turn up at a stage, pay some money and watch? I've checked the web site, and it seems to have loads of information about the Millennium Stadium but not much about the real stages.

Associate
Hello all, thought i would share some images with you i took from todays rally, went to the service station in Swansea first, and then made our way to one of the stages.... my first time at a rally, and couldn't believe how far we had to travel from swansea to get to the stage, seemed just in a random place completly out in the sticks, lol, thought it would be in a woods just a few miles away from the service area! Have to admit, i think that £20 for one stage is a bit steep, but really enjoyed it, would definitly recommend it to anyone, and the best way to do it would be to get a 3 day pass for £50, much better value for money i think....
Spent the first part of it at the fenced area for spectators, which i also thought was quite restrictive, but followed some people who went exploring in the jungle, and managed to get very close to the cars :) awsome stuff, would definitly recommend going for a little explore, the marshells seemed quite happy for you to do so too, anyways some piccies

56k warning......

loebog8.jpg

scoobiegarageve0.jpg

wilsonid4.jpg

vojtechrb9.jpg

Soldato
Far better photos than mine!

I agree that the cost is stupidly high, which is why we didnt pay and followed a local ( a friend of ours) who took us to a spot where you can climb up to the stage for free :D

Soldato
Didn't get to watch the rally but we had to go to Toys R Us in Swansea shopping for our daughter.

Passed most of them on the way. They were going to stage 16. The wife was more excited than me when Loeb passed us on the roundabout. :D

Didn't have a phone with a decent camera though. We've decided we are definately going next year - with a bit of luck I'll have an Impreza/Delta to take us by then.

Soldato
Looks like it yeah, anyone know why the focus is sponsored by 'Abu Dhabi'? Seems weird to be sponsored by a city in the UAE, if that's what it is.

Permabanned
A family friend was co-driving this weekend (Claire Mole)...

Quite a bit of scandal behind the scenes by all accounts...

*n

Back
Top Bottom