Walk-in this morning; passed a murder scene.

Soldato
I was walking in to university this morning, along the route I usually take. However, this morning I was diverted as there was a 'Crime Scene'. I asked the PC what had happened; as the same road was closed off at 2:30am on Sunday morning (was driving home after a night out). She advised me that there had been a murder, so would need to take an alternative route as the Scenes of Crimes Officers' were investigating :eek:.

This is quite worrying, as I use this route every morning and evening on my way in to and back from university or town. But more concerning is that I also frequently use the route on my way back from town after a night out :(.

The odd this is, although the road was closed on early Sunday morning, it was not closed, have any signs or restrictions at 8:30am on Sunday when I was on my way in to work. Surely the crime scene should have been closed off fully for all of Sunday, not just leave it to Monday :confused:.

All very worrying though given how close it is to where I live and how often I use that road.

The Courier: Story

Man of Honour
Thats just down the hill from me, I had thought the road was closed off all day because a couple of people I'd spoken to said they had to take a diversion but if you could walk past yesterday obviously not. I don't think all the rain on saturday night can have helped the forensics either.

Associate
ealier this (uni) year - i couldn't get on to the campus, police tape over the gates
turns out a member of staff had been stabbed / murdered in one of the uni buildings
i live in halls, spitting distance away

we've had a firebombing, shootings, riots, various gang related incidents all in the locality (even gypsies on the playing field for a few weeks last summer) - and yes, i still choose to live here.

i guess we just have to look out for ourselves :eek:

Caporegime
I used to walk through the park at the end of my road to get to my old job, and some ****** moved in for a while. One day the whole park was closed off and police guarding the entrances. There is no doubt at least some of the ****** had been killed, as it was in the papers. Rumor has it they broke into someone's house. That somone had 'connections' and some heavies went to the camp to exact revenge, but I reckon it's more likely they either blew themselves up accidentaly (paper said one or two of the gas tanks on one of the caravans popped) or perhaps even another ***** camp did it or whatever.

In the same park the public loos were often in the papers because of indecent assaults, flashings etc. but one year they finally closed it because a 10 yr old lad was abused and killed :(

Also had a house closed off in the same area, the tenant was killed because he owed someone a fair bit of drug money, the house was also found to have been used to traffic drugs, police found 'drug trafficking equipment' - quite what that means other than a couple pair of scales I'm not sure though.

It's a nice world we live in..

Soldato
OP
semi-pro waster said:
Thats just down the hill from me, I had thought the road was closed off all day because a couple of people I'd spoken to said they had to take a diversion but if you could walk past yesterday obviously not. I don't think all the rain on saturday night can have helped the forensics either.

There was nothing at all to stop me walking passed on Sunday morning, so was quite shocked to see it all closed again today. The crime scene tent is now erected right next to pavement opposite the entrance to Somerfield.

Soldato
OP
Dj_Jestar said:
... snip ...

It's a nice world we live in..

The thing is there was also a murder around the corner from my parents house in my home town Arbroath a few months back. Obviously these are isolated incidents, but worrying nonetheless :(.

What is good is that someone has been arrested, so hopefully they have the right person.

Man of Honour
Deathwish said:
Thats just up Lochee Road isn't it? my mate said something about poilce everywhere, he lives in a flat near the big pink tower block.

I walked very close to there whenever I go to his :(

Just off the Lochee road near the bottom of the hill, if you head straight down the hill from the big pink flats you'll get to Somerfield but yeah close enough :)

I wouldn't call it a particularly dangerous area though, it is just an isolated incident so hopefully it will be cleared up quickly.

Back
Top Bottom